Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just used the facilities at my community college and there's a new sign that says it is being monitored 24/7. i know we're becoming such a big brother society in which we're always being watch but even in the bathrooms?! is this even legal? or do you think it's just a threat so people clean up after themselves?

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I guess this is one of the freedoms that men get to enjoy. I couldn't care less if some pervert wants to watch me pee. Being naked in public showers, changing rooms don't bother me because of all the years I played school sports. Plus our showers were in terrible condition. Like a russian prison shower. After cleaning yourself in such a nasty environment nothing really bothers you any more.

·
Swedish Feminist
3,286 Posts
or do you think it's just a threat so people clean up after themselves?
Yes. If the bathroom was really monitored they probably wouldn't have put up the sign.

Edit: Except for you live in Australia, and I don't know how things work down there.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nevermind. i'm sure it's a threat and what i realised is that by monitored they mean there's surveillance outside the bathrooms so they see people coming in and out.

·
indecisive piece of ****
634 Posts
People in my high school were always having sex and smoking all sorts of drugs, usually during lunch.

No cameras equals no evidence, only pointing fingers.

·
Denizen of the Night
230 Posts
They had those signs up in our showers at the school I used to go to. They took it a step further and said it was to monitor our hygeine habits, like there were cameras in the showers or something. I called BS on them and showered like normal.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
sounds creepy yet on the other hand is seems like it's showing a concern for people's safety in private areas. But then on the ..next hand... ... ... .....if there is any reported incidences then they should be addressing safety before it even reaches private areas. A cam on the entrance seems harmless enough but no bowl/flush cam that is just taking it way too far xP

·
Banned
229 Posts
how much crime is being committed in females bathrooms?

or, what was the crime that broke the camels back? (to motivate the "monitoring")

also, by crime do they mean writing on the walls? if just by that, do they have the right to see who takes a #1 or a #2. i sure hope that that does not mean a video camera in there recording or some fat bald guys idea behind the monitor... that is illegal here in the US.

·
Banned
229 Posts
or do you think it's just a threat so people clean up after themselves?
there should be people who clean the bathrooms. they get paid for it minimum wage... or very little compared to cubicle people. IOW, that is not a good reason to monitor the rest rooms.

i would ask the office why are the bathrooms being monitored now from the outside... i can only think of a third world country where bathrooms can be monitored from the inside legally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts