Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Which parent are/were you closest to?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I guess i'm strange because i'm closer to my dad in a way, but he is not home alot because he works full time. The thing is that my mother and i argue alot and we just never got along, she is the type that would say 'get over it' to an SA'er and not be considerate..

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
neither

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
My mom. It's weird because I wasn't that close to her before, and now I don't want to leave her. I feel like I'm drifting away from my dad. :|

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I like my dad better, that's probably because i don't live with him so he doesn't get on my nerves, and he can be really funny at times. I'm not really close to him though, but i chose him anyway.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My mom. I get on okay with my dad, but with him it's almost like a business or working relationship.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Both the same.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Although I love them both the same I feel like I can open up to my dad more.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mom. She's the one person I feel I can open up to and she actually understands what I am going through because she has lived it herself. In all honesty she is my best friend.

Dad on the other hand, knows almost nothing about me and has never made an effort to. He goes about his business and I go about mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definitely, definitely my mom! We have always been very close and I feel I can tell her anything , she's the only one I have told about my SA and she has always been there for me supporting me!

My dad on the other hand I am not close to at all, I feel I barely know him, he never has cared much...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Closer to my mother, although I don't feel really close to either of them. I have a very good relationship with my brother though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts