Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive read that it can be used for studying and keeping alert.
would my doc be likely to prescribe this? i am on dex right now.

also can it help anxiety wise? as much info as possible would be great about this drug

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not sure about getting it from your doc. You would have to fake extreme daytime sleepyness or something. I ordered mine online, it defiantly keeps u awake and provides energy/focus. I found it counterproductive for anxiety tho. But if I just take a small dose. Like 50-100mg it gives me energy but doesn't boost anxiety. Also just so you know, if your on benzos's it seems to dull the effects of benzos big time. It's like it blocks them somehow

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
I highly doubt he will rx you another stimulant. Dexedrine is in the amphetamine class and while modafinil is not. It is still considered a stimulant. Affecting the firing of dopamine slowly over a period of 6-8 hrs. The downstream effect raises histamine levels.All of which raise the alertness and provide the stimulant quality.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
You want to move from dextroamphetamine to Provigil? (I've used both.) Isn't that like moving from a Corvette to a bus pass?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I highly doubt he will rx you another stimulant. Dexedrine is in the amphetamine class and while modafinil is not. It is still considered a stimulant. Affecting the firing of dopamine slowly over a period of 6-8 hrs. The downstream effect raises histamine levels.All of which raise the alertness and provide the stimulant quality.
i will be telling me doc i want to take a 'break' from amphetmines (Dex) and see how this goes. he will prescribe it, only problem is their personal opinion on modafinil.

You want to move from dextroamphetamine to Provigil? (I've used both.) Isn't that like moving from a Corvette to a bus pass?
ive been using it far too often recently (exam pressure too) and its lost its effectiveness unless i do high doses which im not going to do because that **** is toxic. so i need a break

this other drug should be good enough?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts