Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I tried it briefly but not properly, gave me mild heart palpitations if I remember correctly. Would figure with selegiline having an adrenergic releasing component/metabolite, and moclobemide elevating adrenaline and noradrenaline. It was quite good for mood, but not really anxiety.

I wouldn't recommend using this combination due to the possibility of high cardiovascular load from selegiline's metabolites combined with moclobemide, but this needs more research.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There have been a few studies combining for example 10mg selegiline with 600mg of moclobemide so I assume it's fairly safe, especially since selegiline's amphetamine metabolites are extremely weak. I was wondering about individual experiences with it, though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to try this anyway as I have both drugs, but I have some Swiss cheese in my fridge I need to finish first. :)

I will update here how it goes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Started this a few days ago, not really any noticeable difference yet. I'm assuming it would take a few weeks like Nardil or Parnate.

Anyone have any long term experience with it?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah it should take several weeks for the benefits to become manifest -- hang in there!

Also, I preferred to take the majority of my moclobemide dose at night because it made me depressed and sleepy (initially).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting, I'm getting insomnia since starting this. I hear Nardil is the same. It only seemed to happen when I added the moclobemide, not with the selegiline alone.

It seems my mind is simply more active when I try to sleep - not negative thoughts or anxiety, but a flow of ideas actually.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Moclobemide is in general fast acting, activating and can improve sleep quality nevertheless.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wondering how long I should continue on this for until I decide whether to switch to Nardil?

I was thinking of a combination of Nardil + about 5mg dexamphetamine for ADD.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wondering how long I should continue on this for until I decide whether to switch to Nardil?

I was thinking of a combination of Nardil + about 5mg dexamphetamine for ADD.
John, if you are still around and actively posting in this forum could you get back to us on how the combo worked out for you. I am sure since this is such an old thread chances are rather small, so if anyone's played around with these two maoi's maybe they can chime in. I also can't find the studies John references in a previous post that used a combination of these two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts