Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Football is finally over, and spring training is just around the corner, so we might as well start chattering about the upcoming baseball season. :yes

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Michael Bourn and Kyle Lohse are the top free agents still out there. Any thoughts on where they'll end up (or where you'd like to see them go)? Personally, I'd love to see Bourn sign with the Mets, if only to make them more watchable this year (I'm a Red Sox fan, but I watch quite a bit of the Mets as well since we get all their games on tv here). Apparently David Wright has been lobbying for the Mets to sign Bourn.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I'm expecting big things from the Reds this year if the Aroldis Chapman move to the starting rotation works out.

Cueto, Latos, Bailey, Chapman, Arroyo--- That's a pretty solid rotation. Chapman has the potential to be a #1 or #2 starter.

They resigned Broxton to take over the closers role which is a step down from Chapman but the Reds also have a lot of alternatives in the bullpen.

As far as the offense goes hopefully Joey Votto is back to 100%.

Resigning Ludwick for cheap was huge.

Shin-Soo Choo is a big upgrade over Stubbs and hopefully will become that leadoff hitter the Reds have needed for so long.

Billy Hamilton will be knocking on the door this year as well. The kid can fly!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just hope Roy Halladay is back to his old self this year. Could be another long season for the Phillies if he's still injured.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'm absolutely excited to see our new Jays team, our Roster looks amazing, all we need is for the chemistry to be there, get through spring training work out what ever kinks we have and head into the start of what I dream will be a competitive season :boogie I think the Jays should avoid relying on Hype and just go out there and show people that this year they really are the new Jays, just because you have a great combo of players doesn't mean that teams necessarily going to be great it comes down to combo and team work. I'm Thrilled though for what's to come.

GO JAYS GO GO JAYS GO.

Also looking to see how The Red Sox Do, I'm happy for you guys this year, because I know plenty of Red Sox fans and am A Patriot fan the Red Sox are my honorary team but I'll also be keeping an eye on The Angels, hopefully Josh Hamilton has what it takes and steps it up.

Jays are going to beast this season.

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
Dice K signed with Cleveland's minor league team....

We really got our money's worth out of the hundred million we spent on him!

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Dice K signed with Cleveland's minor league team....

We really got our money's worth out of the hundred million we spent on him!
So glad that contract expired. Watching him pitch was like watching paint dry. I'm excited to see if Rubby De La Rosa will make the team/rotation.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bourn to the Indians . . . I'm already rooting for them because I love Francona, and they just keep getting more interesting. Their pitching is going to be iffy, though.

·
Karma Chameleon
3,484 Posts
Indians pitching staff seems kind of iffy. But I wouldn't mind seeing them surprise.

Edit: oops. Just said almost same thing as previous post. :um

·
Registered
157 Posts
Big Phillies fan as you can tell by my username. I'm worried about the outfield this season. It was a stupid move by Ruben to bring in Delmon Young. Even if he was healthy the guy wasn't the answer. I'm a season ticket holder for the Phils AAA team (Lehigh Valley IronPigs) and I've seen what DomBrown can do. I think if they give him 400-500 at-bats, the guy can live up to his potential. Utley and Howard need to stay healthy too.

Anyone getting The Show tomorrow?:boogie

·
Registered
686 Posts
Am I the only one who can't watch baseball during spring training? Just find it really dull. Watched some of today's game against The Yankees, Jays lost 3-0, there's a lot of potential here but I like to wait till the season opens. Always great to see more baseball fans finding these boards.

If you are a Red Sox's fan this board has you covered, if you like The Jays hit me up, Follow Jays fans show some love. Yankees fans your also part of these boards so join in. Nice to see a Philly Fan.

LETS have a great year Jays. :clap:clap Looking forward to seeing The White Sox's in action as well, I'm partial to them, I know it will be a really sad day when The Hawk passes away.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Could be a long year for Boston...but I'll be watching the games anyway because I love the green grass, the Green Monster, the dirt, the white uni's, Dustin Pedroia's eye-black, and the sounds of the game. And they play almost every single night...baseball is awesome.

I estimate I will probably watch 250+ baseball games this year. Maybe more.

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Could be a long year for Boston...but I'll be watching the games anyway because I love the green grass, the Green Monster, the dirt, the white uni's, Dustin Pedroia's eye-black, and the sounds of the game. And they play almost every single night...baseball is awesome.

I estimate I will probably watch 250+ baseball games this year. Maybe more.
The future is bright. Looking forward to seeing Barnes, De La Rosa, Webster, Boegarts, Bradkey, etc. over the next few years. I think the Sox will be decent though, not as bad as people are expecting anyways.

I live in the city where their AA affiliate plays, can't wait to go to some games. Boegarts will probably start there, along with Barnes/Webster. They should be good.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I told Sox fans for years that they needed to start rebuilding, but they never agreed and neither did their F.O. apparently. The Sox have money going for them, so they shouldn't be done for too long. Then again we've seen that money doesn't equal championships anymore.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts