Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did that many of you watch this afternoon?

Anyway, I was able to watch the entire session. There were certain songs sang that struck a chord, but when his daughter Paris got up there and spoke, that's when I could hardly stand it.:no :(

That was emotional for me-his daughter. She was very emotional.

If you can't feel for a child, then I don't know what could be worse.

Anyway, how did everyone feel about the memorial? And PLEASE keep your comments kind and not mean, critical, or sarcastic. It's insensitive.

There is live streaming video coverage of it now and a re-broadcast of it on CNN tonight.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I was out this afternoon so I missed it, I'll probably watch it later on CNN.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
during the day when it aired i was at work, by my aunt had been listening to the audio on her radio at her desk and throughout the day when i went to see her or saw her around the office she would be very emotional or crying.
on the main radio station played at work they did play the short clip of his daughter speaking... and wow, just hearing that 20 seconds i felt that chill go through me that usually precedes a weeping fit for me, but i tried to keep it in around the people there. :/

i just watched some of it now on tv. the speech by brook shields was very moving

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Didn't watch -- I've simply never been a fan of his music. I don't think I could even name more than perhaps two of his songs at most.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I saw clips of it on CNN, I liked him as a performer but this was too glitzy for me. When his daughter Paris paid her respects, I was heartbroken badly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I saw the footage of Paris. far out. That tugged at my heart strings. Very Sad. Heartbreaking. & Brooke Shields speech was emotional aswell. Wasnt a fan really but alot of people have lost a idol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts