Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for it?

i know it is completely my fault that i missed it but i'm wondering if i can still submit it and get around paying for it instead having the money from my own or my mum's pocket.

i accidentally and very stupidly slept through an appointment with my psychiatrist last week (it was at 2:30pm so i don't know how the hell that happend :/).

usually all of the cost is covered by the health plan here and if not then 20% of it would be covered by my mum's health insurance.

but since i missed it without warning in advance apparently i have to pay for it. i got the letter from the hospital where i go asking for the $65. i feel really bad about it and i don't want my mum to pay since we are tight for money now so i'll probably have to pay for it all.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Honestly, your better off just paying it. I don't know how it works in Canada but here in the states they report you to the credit agency if you don't pay them. It's best not to risk your credit score over $65.00. They'll probably accept installments if you don't want to pay the total $65.00 at once. You can send them a letter stating you don't know anything about the bill. That will buy you some time but probably won't get you out of paying it eventually.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
My doc has the same policy and I believe the same cost as well.

All I can say is next time use multiple alarm clocks.

You could always ask if they'd be willing to waive it. It might work, though "I overslept" isn't the world's greatest excuse. An excuse like my car was in a crash on the way to the doc's office and here is a copy of the police report to fully support that claim sounds much more likely to work.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I don't know, but I feel for you. I had the exact same thing happen to me. I don't know how I managed to sleep through an afternoon appointment, either.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
not sure about canadian laws but here in the US you cant get out of it. if it happens again just show up late. pdocs may work differently but the docs ive worked for are lenient and will still see you if youre late.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Don't try to claim for it if your health insurance specifically states that it is not covered (which it will). The only way to get out of it is to convince the doctor not to charge for it, but if the doctor didn't have warning it probably did cost them money so they probably won't change their mind.

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
When I was seeing a therapist she even had a policy of 24 hour cancellation.. and if you canceled less than 24 hours from your appointment... and she couldn't fill the appointment.. I would be responsible for payment... I thought it was fair..

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for the responses. looks like i have to pay for it. i'll talk to my doctor and figure out when i have to pay it by and if i could pay it in parts instead of all at once...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts