Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to suffer from anxiety when I had to go to big social events such as a party or maybe a dinner with a lot of people I don’t know.

The only other times I would get it is sleeping in an environment I was not sure of like when I went traveling I did not want to share a room with people but let’s just focus on going out part.

My only main symptom is nausea its horrible i can’t relax because i feel like everything is going to be crap now because i feel sick. I would usually take like three different homeopathic supplements and feel a little better and once I got there my nausea would disappear.

If I was drinking it would go away completely, if I wasn’t it would linger but eventually go away once I got engrossed in a good conversation.

I was going to start Uni and thought I should see if I can take some tablets and get rid of it completely. I had tried all natural stuff and felt I had tried enough.

I looked around and was worried about all these tablets and talked my GP into giving me Mirtazapine 15mg after I read the side effects were minimal. I felt good for two weeks a apart from tired all the time. Then I started getting nausea going to friends’ houses and to places with friends to the point I stopped going out at all.

I slowly weaned myself of the tablets and felt sick for a week after. My anxiety is now worse than it’s ever been before. I have seen one friend one time outside of work in over 6 months I felt nauseas for 1.5hrs til he arrived.

I can’t go to doctors, hair dressers or anything that requires a booking. I get anxious I’m strongly considering going on Xanax but im scared through a doctor that makes house calls.

Has anyone had a similar experience to this or suffers from the same symptom of nausea. I don’t get the whole shortness of breath. I have problems with my stomach in general like gassy and tummy rumbles and feel nausea at night and sometimes in the morning after food.

Any comments would be appreciated thanks.

·
Going to war
3,928 Posts
Switch to seroquel 50mg, It would be easier on you then Remeron, And can be used for remeron taper,

It basically hits the same receptors, Its half-life is only 18 hours, So you can go 6 hours a day drug-free which will prevent tolerance, And give you a break so you can function normally, Although if your going to be studying, My opinion would be not to take any Anti-histamine type sedative because it will impair cognitive function pretty severely

Nausea is normal and very common on the rebound when quitting, You could try even a gravol for that,

For a benzo Ativan may be best, Xanax may cause rapid tolerance, I imagine, From a short half-life would produce quicker ups and downs, Well Ativan is 18 hours so it would be more stable and less likely to produce an severe up and down,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh ok, At this point i have been off Remeron for 5 months. My anxiety is not all the time, i only get it if i have a specific level of social interaction like i can handle going to shops etc but i believe that's because i can leave when ever i want. I'm not keen to go on anything again for a while because it was a horrible experience and i can't take the time off work again.

I am thinking Xanax because i will only really use it in specific scenarios that i need to socialize not as a solution to my problem but a band-aid so to speak until i can slowly work out this anxiety and those times would not be that often.

I believe i am sensitive to medication so I'm hesitant to take a lot.

I guess maybe i can try Xanax and if i have issues look at Ativan. I really only want a band-aid to get me through the major social situations so i can see friends once in a while and go to weddings and birthdays etc.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts