Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really, but I just wanted to give an example of how different meds work for different people and why you need to find the med that works for you, rather than buying into hype (like I have with Nardil).

SAD runs in my family. I have it, my mother has it, and my sister has it. My sister isn't really as concerned with SAD as most of the people here, so she doesn't really talk about it. She never really identified with it even though she's had it her whole life, but when I ask her about her meds, she starts sounding like someone who is a perfect responder to Nardil. She says her meds make her feel like a completely different person, completely free of SA and able to talk to whomever and just not care.

And, from my perspective, it's true. She has an incredible social life for someone who is 26. She has something to do with different people every night of the week. She's active in all sorts of ways that I can't even imagine doing myself - social work school, dancing performances, dating multiple people, volunteer work, friends, etc.

So, what are her meds? The very first SSRI she tried - 10mg Celexa. That dose is less than the recommended starting dose, which is 20mg, and a 1/4 of the usual therapeutic dose which is 40mg. That's all she takes. Not only that, but she's been on that tiny dose for something like two years without experiencing any diminishing of effects. Her social life is in full-bloom.

So, yeah, keep your mind open. Give things a good try before you decide that they're not going to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I find that your sister's social anxiety is mild enough that she 'cured' herself with light drugs.
IMO ssris are able to cure only mild sa, not moderate or severe cases, like sa accompanied by agoraphobia or state of shock.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Nardil, rhodiola rosea. These drugs are more than miracle. Zoloft and other ssri increase serotonin temporarily but they will eventually get eaten by the ****ing monoamine oxidise enzyme that ****ing evil enzyme which is ruining so many lives, that's where the sexy baby comes in NARDIL.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nardil, rhodiola rosea. These drugs are more than miracle. Zoloft and other ssri increase serotonin temporarily but they will eventually get eaten by the ****ing monoamine oxidise enzyme that ****ing evil enzyme which is ruining so many lives, that's where the sexy baby comes in NARDIL.
hi Mustafa,

I tought you were a big fan of SSRI.

your words from other post:
"Finally someone who had success with a ssri. I salute you sir and glad these beautiful amazing magnificent drugs worked for you like for me. Unfortunately ssri will wipe out your anxiety and depression with a small price."

and your signature was "God bless Prozac and Zoloft."

what made you change your mind?

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
hi Mustafa,

I tought you were a big fan of SSRI.

your words from other post:
"Finally someone who had success with a ssri. I salute you sir and glad these beautiful amazing magnificent drugs worked for you like for me. Unfortunately ssri will wipe out your anxiety and depression with a small price."

and your signature was "God bless Prozac and Zoloft."

what made you change your mind?
This drug ssri have helped me in the sense they increased my extra cellular serotonin levels, but the rhodiola rosea helped stop the breakdown of what has been fixed which is the destruction of serotonin by the ****ing monoamine oxidise enzyme.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
My mission is to help you guys, whenever something helps I want to share it with you. This is why iam here, monoamine oxidise inhibition should be the greatest focus in order to fix the problem. Just by inhibiting this enzyme serotonin along with other monoamine are raised tenth fold. Zoloft and other ssri assist by increasing extra cellular serotonin, but the 5ht2 receptor stimulation caused by ssri are the reason I stopped using them thankfully I was using rhodiola rosea at the time I was on zoloft, due to the fatigue caused by zoloft. I believe rhodiola rosea potented the antidepressant effects of zoloft by inhibiting monoamine oxidise enzyme.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19168123

AIM OF THE STUDY:
Rhodiola rosea L. (Crassulaceae) is traditionally used in Eastern Europe and Asia to stimulate the nervous system, enhance physical and mental performance, treat fatigue, psychological stress and depression. In order to investigate the influence of Rhodiola rosea L. roots on mood disorders, three extracts were tested against monoamine oxidases (MAOs A and B) in a microtitre plate bioassay.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:
Methanol and water extracts gave the highest inhibitory activity against MAOs. Twelve compounds were then isolated by bioassay-guided fractionation using chromatographic methods. The structures were determined by 1H, 13C NMR and HR-MS.
RESULTS:
The methanol and water extracts exhibited respectively inhibitions of 92.5% and 84.3% on MAO A and 81.8% and 88.9% on MAO B, at a concentration of 100 microg/ml. The most active compound (rosiridin) presented an inhibition over 80% on MAO B at a concentration of 10(-5) M (pIC50=5.38+/-0.05).
CONCLUSIONS:
The present investigation demonstrates that Rhodiola rosea L. roots have potent anti-depressant activity by inhibiting MAO A and may also find application in the control of senile dementia by their inhibition of MAO B.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
question is,

is it safe taking Rhodiola rosea with SSRI such Prozac?
Very safe. But don't take ssri with St. John's wort or 5htp. You might go into a serotonin crisis which is highly unpleasant experience.

·
Member of SAS
1,868 Posts
Wait, so OP, are you suggesting Nardil is a miracle drug too? I see you mentioned it.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Very safe. But don't take ssri with St. John's wort or 5htp. You might go into a serotonin crisis which is highly unpleasant experience.
No.

IF your supplement is in fact an maoi, it is NOT SAFE to combine with an ssri. (My guess is it isn't a very strong maoi or it is reversible, and likely unpredictable in potency. in some ways this is even riskier)

Your "expert advice" needs to stop including misinformation that can cause very serious physical harm.

Reactions: Konami
1 - 14 of 14 Posts