Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awww, I just watched "Million Dollar baby" and now I'm all sad. What a downer. Clint Eastwood was so sweet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea I know. But maybe she should'a been paying more attention... I like Morgan Freeman, I think he didn't play a big enough part in the movie :lol.

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
It was a pretty sad movie, but I liked it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Morgan Freeman definitely has the "old, wise, black man" part down to a science. And I officially hate East Berliners! I hope that ***** feels real bad about what she did! I just want to hit her with a rolling pin. :wife

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
Very good acting but completely unbelievable plot...There were at least six totally ridiculous events in the movie that would never happen in real life....

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Really sad and emotional. Usually sad endings turn me off, but I liked this movie. If you want to see some good Morgan Freeman acting check out An Unfinished Life.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Spoilers below...

Overall it was a good movie. I didn't expect it to move in the direction it did - I thought it was going to be another Rockie movie!

I liked the one scene where Eastwood told Swank not to hold her breath while fighting... he told her she needed to learn to breath. And yet what happened at the end? Swank held her breath while Eastwood pulled out the respirator. I'm sure that was from the stories the movie was based on. I don't know what literary device that is - irony? Foreshadowing?

Elements I didn't like... the crazy kid... surely there was a better way to get Freeman's character to win fight #110. I didn't like the priest either. The actor didn't do a good job and the interaction between the priest and Eastwood didn't make sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts