Never. I just got some free T-shirt & key chain with Army logos on them when I was 18.
I don't want the military & they don't want me. I would be unsuitable for numerous reasons:
1) Physical requirements: I'm much too fat.
2) Mental requirements: An assortment of severe anxiety disorders.
3) I'm an independent thinker and I'm not the sort that takes orders well.
4) I don't care for conformity; the military is all about conformity.
5) I don't care to risk my life; as an atheist there is no heaven awaiting me if I die in battle.
6) I'm not poor & desperate, so dangling college money in front of me fails to excite me.
7) I'm strongly opposed to US foreign policy as it exists today. I'm strongly against war in most cases. I think the military should only be used in self-defense, not as a world cop.
8 ) Given my strong dislike for both authority & US foreign policy, do you think they'd want to give me a machine gun?