Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to give 2 presentations this week and I'm dreading it.
I'm thinking about writing my teachers an e-mail tomorrow explaining that I don't feel comfortable talking in front of the class (hopefully they will allow me to skip them).

Buuuut , I'm not sure what to write in this e-mail.
Halp :Z

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
^ some teachers might be understanding, some might not.

But if you have to give your presentation, practice practice practice.

The more you practice, the less(even if it's just a lil bit less) nervous you'll feel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm thinking about writing my teachers an e-mail tomorrow explaining that I don't feel comfortable talking in front of the class (hopefully they will allow me to skip them).

The sooner you talk to your teachers the better or they may think you're just unprepared!

Explaining your SA might be the best option and add that presenting your work in the best possible light is important to you (so they know you're committed to the work). Ask if they would consider allowing you to present it to them alone or in written form. If you're up to it this would probably go over best if discussed in person.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

I'm in your position except I have to give my presentations next week. It did cross my mind to not show up on Mon and Wed just because I feel I've done most of the work and therefore I don't need to - the others can pick up my absence (and of course it's a lil' tit of the anxiety thing)

·
Alien
34 Posts
I was so terrified of presenting that when I was picking schools to apply to I went through each curriculum to try and find the one where I'd be presenting the least. Then I was prescribed inderal and ever since I've been fearless of presentations. Honestly, I don't think I could've made it this far without it. I probably would have dropped out, considering how frequent I have to present and be critiques.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts