Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet with other local people who suffer from extreme shyness or social phobia. Offer support and understanding and share your story with others!

One requirement to overcoming social anxiety is to face, not avoid, your fears. One way to do this is to participate in a group that will encourage and support you while facing them, one small step at a time. Also important is learning that you are not alone.

More Info: http://shyness.meetup.com/182/

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would really like for their to be a support group here in Utah. I'm presently in Utah Valley, but am willing to drive to SLC and Ogden if there's anybody willing to setup a support group up there. Please message me if you're interested in setting up a support group here in Utah.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rather than seek a meeting or group that is already in existence, why not develop an independent meeting that can be advertised locally and online? It does not look like many people visit this site from Utah, but I do know that many people here do suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. if anyone would be interested in setting up our own support group, contact me via email: [email protected]

We can meetup in a coffee house or cafe and brainstorm ideas on what we can include to make it benefit the most people in a diverse community, such as Salt Lake City and it's surrounding suburbs.

*If you are not interested in creating out own meeting, please keep in mind that their are many 12 step meetings, which employ tactics and strategies to overcome life struggles, not exclusively addictions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am definitely looking to join up with a group that may decide to take part within the davis/weber county areas. 36 year old man, been suffering from social anxiety since I was about 16. Never done this before, but I recognize I need to start taking steps so I can actually move forward with life. If anyone knows of any local groups or are planning on starting one, let me know please. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts