Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used this program?? Im sure you have. Me and my family got my sister a new computer for her birthday and just the other day I showed her this program and SHE LOVED IT!! We were playing around with it alot. We decided that we are going to call people we know (family and friends) and prank them with Microsoft sam, but we want another voice besides sam!! I was browsing around online and saw some downloads for other voices, but I tried downloading it and it didnt work? Can anyone help me with a link to what I need to download new voices?? Me and my sister both have emachines with win XP. I read that XP has some type of problem with this program? Well, any help will be appreciated. Ohh and sorry for some of the typo's :lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone here know what Microsoft Sam is???

If not, click on "Start" "Controll Panel" "Speech" and once you have done that type anything in the box (WARNING DO NOT HIT ENTER) and after you are done hit "preview voice."

Apparently earlyer Operating Systems of microsoft have a few selections of voices you can use, but for some reason with Windows XP you only get one.

I am still trying to figure out how and were and what to download to get new voices!!!

Is there anyone here who can give me an idea??

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweeeeeeeet! Thanks for the help Thunder :) My sister will have alot of fun with this pranking her friends :lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Loool! How come I never heard about this neat feature before? It's like the one Stephen Hawking has for voice synthesis. Now I can fulfill my lifelong dream - to hear an elaborate and eloquent litany of curses coming from a voice different than mine! :evil Does it come in a female voice? I'd like to hear her say "I love you" over and over again!

*Sigh* I need to get a life. :lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts