Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Wow. Unbelievable. They say celebrities always die in threes. Ed McMahon died the other day and now Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

I haven't followed his career since the 80s (other than seeing coverage of the trials and such on the news), but I did enjoy his music and dancing from the 80s. I've still got the Thriller album on vinyl. It is a sad day. His life ever since the Thriller album has seemed like a tragedy.

Geraldo said that he heard from a source that Jackson overdosed on pills and it may have been a suicide. Take it for what it's worth, especially given the source.

We are having a severe thunderstorm right now. I was flipping around the news channels and as soon as it was reported he was dead, the power went out. It came back on a few seconds later, but that was kind of weird.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Yeah weird: David Carradine, Ed MacMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson. :(

Wow. Unbelievable. They say celebrities always die in threes. Ed McMahon died the other day and now Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

I haven't followed his career since the 80s (other than seeing coverage of the trials and such on the news), but I did enjoy his music and dancing from the 80s. I've still got the Thriller album on vinyl. It is a sad day. His life ever since the Thriller album has seemed like a tragedy.

Geraldo said that he heard from a source that Jackson overdosed on pills and it may have been a suicide. Take it for what it's worth, especially given the source.

We are having a severe thunderstorm right now. I was flipping around the news channels and as soon as it was reported he was dead, the power went out. It came back on a few seconds later, but that was kind of weird.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
yes, he's dead.

i was a big fan as a kid in the 80s. while other (older) kids (dad) had Farrah Fawcett posters, I had a silk MJ poster, which would stay unwrinkled when rolled around with.

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
Oh. He's dead.

(I never was a big fan of his anyway so...it doesn't bother me much but 50 is quite a young age to die at isn't it?)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can't say I have been a huge fan of his music, but this is still pretty sad news. What a bizarre and sad life he seems to have had.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'll admit it, I cried a little when I heard it. I guess because he was tragic, and yet some of the funnest times I've had were dancing to his music in my earlier days.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Ain't it a real shame that the most gifted person in recent history lived the most miserable of lives...

Us younger guys always hope that these stars of yester year will not die so soon. I hoped that by the time he died I would be in my 30's.

But alas, that great musician is gone.

Sites and servers will go crazy, this will be on top of the news for at least a month.. but I don't care, I don't mind being part of the band-wagon.. for someone like Michael Jackson, there is not enough we can say to pay tribute to him.

P.S. I pity his family and those planning his funeral, what an incredible task they have.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Lost two celebrity icons in one day, this sucks. I knew Farrah was ill but this was a complete surprise.

R.I.P.

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
I know :( what am I going to do? I feel so lost. I can't believe he's gone. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts