Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Here and Now
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i saw my doc a few weeks ago for an appointment so i could get my paxil script renewed (its been a year since the last time i saw him, he writes a script for a 12 month supply). And when i went, my blood pressure was extremely high, it was 181 over 119 with a pulsrate of 120. So he made me takes some tests and had me come back in a week. I went back yesterday and it was almost just as high, so he prescribed me metprolol, to take twice daily.

I just assumed that it was a medication only to treat high blood pressure, but when i did some research on it i found out it was a beta blocker. Im familiar with propanolol, its suppose to help with physical symptoms of anxiety, just not mental. So since metoprolol is a beta blocker too, it might possibly help with my physical symptoms of anxiety right? I was just expecting to get my blood pressure down to a healthy level, but if i get a little bit of relief from anxiety then that would be a muchly appreciated bonus!

So if anyone knows about this medication i would appreciate any input you might have, thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts