Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yestereday I was really nervous about an upcoming test because I was not confident about certain information. I tried to schedule an appointnment with a tutor, but the only avialable date would be a day after the test.

I squandered most of Monday on the internet worrying that my questions would go unanswered. It took some positive internal coaching, but i worked up the nerve to go to the professor's office hours. So a few minutes ago I got back from meeting with the professor, who cleared my confusion. I am proud that I faced my fears!

:rub

·
Neurotic megalomaniac
195 Posts
nice going! to the head honcho himself..

·
No flex zone
2,333 Posts
This definitely sounds like a step in the right direction for you, congratulations!

·
always 4:20 somewhere
19 Posts
yestereday I was really nervous about an upcoming test because I was not confident about certain information. I tried to schedule an appointnment with a tutor, but the only avialable date would be a day after the test.

I squandered most of Monday on the internet worrying that my questions would go unanswered. It took some positive internal coaching, but i worked up the nerve to go to the professor's office hours. So a few minutes ago I got back from meeting with the professor, who cleared my confusion. I am proud that I faced my fears!
Congratulations! There were very few times in school that I was able to approach a professor outside of class, or even right after class. Even if I was in school now, I don't think I'd be able to do it. In fact, I know for sure it would take a loooot of nerve on my part. Keep that good energy flowing!

·
Banned
187 Posts
Well done, sherbert! One thing I've realized over my 5 1/2 years(!) of university is that most professors really are regular folks. They aren't particularly scary. Hell, a few of the profs in my department are even more awkward than I am. :lol

Talking to authority figures is, for me at least, one of the best and most intense forms of exposure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts