Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, where do I start? This really beautiful girl added me on facebook about 3 weeks ago. I didn't think much of it then, but a week later everything changed. She messaged me when she saw me on facebook and our relationship has grown since then. I still have my regret about not taking the first move, and still will, but all I have to say that I haven't been so happy for a very long time.
We talked, especially last night for over 2 hours, and on the first day it felt, and still does, like I've known her for all my life. I still feel shy sometimes and do find that occasionally a tumbleweed goes past, but it picks up afterwards. What I we really hate is that we are 300 miles apart.
One thing that I have found when e-mailing her (before the internet was connected at my new house) is that I always feel they seem too pushy. I have consulted my other friend (who is also a girl) and she says it isn't but I still feel it is.
I just have to still think of things to talk about cause I personally dont like it when everything becomes too repetitive. I'll keep you updated on any developments when they happen, but I got to give some advice and say fight it and go for it. Although she made the first move, and I still regret it, i've found that once your in it its easy to carry on with someone (as long as you've watched enough love films and read 'A walk to remember' :p )

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)

I'm actually talking to her on msn now and have the webcam running. I was nervous at first, but now i'm quite calm. We have so many things in common and I never thought that this will ever happen.

· Registered
479 Posts
Thats great...dont let anyone discourage you from this...online relationships maybe hard but they can work.I met a wonderful girl online about three years ago an I dont regret it one bit. Girls always make life better

· Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
lol you cannot be serious
LOL! isn't that the truth. i've been in 2 long term relationships (over 1 year for one and over 2 years for another) and i'm not exaggerating when I say that some of the most miserable moments in my life was when I was with them. I constantly thought of breaking up with them just to be alone.

On the flip side, some of my happiest moments were with them too. Relationships are no different then anything else in life-there's the good and there's the bad. It's all worth it in the end I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.