Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
^ Smells like teen spirit
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi could you add mentions, they are like quotes but with no text, so for example if somebody has written a long message and you want to address the whole message but not include it as a quote you would use a mention, or if for example 3 people have said almost the same thing in the last 3 posts and you want to address what they are saying but don't want to quote 3 posts all saying the same thing, you could then either quote one and mention the other 2 or just mention all three.

here is an example from another site:

RaphaDroid would have got an inbox message and email notifying him of the mention in the same way as you do with a quote, this is also how Facebook works.

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
I would like this. Currently when I want to do this I quote the post but delete the text of the quote and replace it with "..." Example:

·
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like this. Currently when I want to do this I quote the post but delete the text of the quote and replace it with "..." Example:
It doesn't seem that anybody with any power actually looks at the posts in this section, but yes fingers crossed, I did ask the owner to take a look.

I found the link to the mod here

·
Banned
901 Posts
Cool idea, I hope this happens. I also think it would be cool if 'like post' were available in every subforum, but there's probably a reason for this.

·
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool idea, I hope this happens. I also think it would be cool if 'like post' were available in every subforum, but there's probably a reason for this.
Apparently they tried allowing likes before and it didn't go down well, so I can't see it happening, I can see how likes could lead to boo hoos on a site like this, so i guess that's the reason, but I do think it's handy when you just want to agree with someone without making a new post to say so.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Apparently they tried allowing likes before and it didn't go down well, so I can't see it happening, I can see how likes could lead to boo hoos on a site like this, so i guess that's the reason, but I do think it's handy when you just want to agree with someone without making a new post to say so.
I love that feature on other forums, but yeah, it can lead to a popularity contest of sorts. Props to your fast research skills!

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
It doesn't seem that anybody with any power actually looks at the posts in this section, but yes fingers crossed, I did ask the owner to take a look.

I found the link to the mod here
Only in the last few days - up until now a moderator has always addressed the issue. Perhaps the new management which replaced Drew has decided it does not have the same integrity as he does and do not want to give the members a voice.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Only in the last few days - up until now a moderator has always addressed the issue. Perhaps the new management which replaced Drew has decided it does not have the same integrity as he does and do not want to give the members a voice.
Mods don't have the power to change stuff like his suggestion, so Helena would be the only one that can address this issue with a real answer. She probably didn't see this thread, but I'll give her a link to it.

Some of the other threads in this section have already been answered either in the thread or in PM so there is no need for us to give an additional answer.

·
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mods don't have the power to change stuff like his suggestion, so Helena would be the only one that can address this issue with a real answer. She probably didn't see this thread, but I'll give her a link to it.

Some of the other threads in this section have already been answered either in the thread or in PM so there is no need for us to give an additional answer.
On the LotRO forums they do a thing called Ask the LotRO team, where they have a thread monthly (I think) and they answer user questions directly, maybe the owner could do this and then do polls on anything they are thinking about implementing, I think it's good to get the users involved since we pay the bills.

Thanks shyvr I did ask her to look already, but it was in an exchange I was having with her to get a bug fixed, so maybe she overlooked it.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I really have no idea what anybody is talking about. Mentions? Is he an artist?

Oh, and I think we need the ability to "hate" posts without making the hate public. Like "your post has 675 hates" but you not know who hate you.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Mention-alerts would be a really useful thing to have on this forum. If the forum software offers it, I don't understand why this couldn't be included.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Mention-alerts would be a really useful thing to have on this forum. If the forum software offers it, I don't understand why this couldn't be included.
Yes. This is exactly what I thought after about ten minutes of joining. It is a big forum and you forget where you have been. Alerts would be highly conducive to aiding debate and facilitating support.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
Was there any feedback from Helena in the end?

I still see a lot of people doing:
^^^^^
or
shyvr6:
or
@shyvr6
None of which provide an alert to the person referenced
If someone searches on their username they will find such references, even if they do not get a notification from the software.

·
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^^^^
They won't find this reference, plus people often sorten names like calling you hod or shyvr6 to shy, or CreyCrey to CC, then you have the inconvenience of actually having to search.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm just seeing this post and it's a good idea. I hope they develop this.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts