Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since having this mental illness, it has really made me want to study mental health a lot more than I already have done, and possibly even work with mental health sufferers in the future, as a temporary job. To be honest, the studying is more because i'm curious and interested, than ever making something out of it.

I know for a fact I don't want a career, it wouldn't make me happy at all, but this is something i'm thinking about.

I've been looking around the internet, trying to find home learning courses related to mental health, and I have found a few, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of any.

Just a general mental health course will do, I don't want a general psychology course as I have already studied psychology, and it isn't 100% what I want.

Needs to be UK based. Thanks!

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Since having this mental illness, it has really made me want to study mental health a lot more than I already have done, and possibly even work with mental health sufferers in the future, as a temporary job. To be honest, the studying is more because i'm curious and interested, than ever making something out of it.

I know for a fact I don't want a career, it wouldn't make me happy at all, but this is something i'm thinking about.

I've been looking around the internet, trying to find home learning courses related to mental health, and I have found a few, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of any.

Just a general mental health course will do, I don't want a general psychology course as I have already studied psychology, and it isn't 100% what I want.

Needs to be UK based. Thanks!
Sorry Fairyxo, I dont know of any UK based home learning courses, but I can relate to you!!! Every since I started to understand my issues(sad,gad,major depression,and ocd), I have learned alot about each condition, and am always interested in learning more!!! I have done alot of research in the past. I also know alot about meds. If I can pull through therapy and succeed, someday I would like to help others with similar problems(maybe go back to school to study psycology!!!) But yea, I dont know if I would want to make it a career, it just feels good to help people. If I run across anything I will let you know!!!:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts