Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years ago I started taking medications to help with my SA, the last medication I used was prozac and I discontinued it because my gynecologist said that it was probably the cause of my menstrual cycle fluctuating. About a month ago I decided to try Effexor xr because my anxiety and emotions were unbearable and now my menstrual cycle is starting to fluctuate again, I think fluctuate is the wrong term for it, I am bleeding a lot longer than I used to and seems like I have my period more on than off, it is VERY frustrating especially because I feel like the Effexor is working.... I am going to try and get an appointment with my gynecologist, I have to work out some insurance mess before I do that and its hard for me to do those types things ...Anyways, I was just wondering if members here have had this sort of side effect with any medication? I can't seem to look it up, so maybe its not so common?

·
New mum to summer rose
1,875 Posts
Hey
I do not think its effexor.
I had very irregular periods before going on medication but when i first went on effexor I did notice my periods were more frequent (25-28b days apart) so normal but it does sound to me like you have symptoms of endometriosis and symptoms tend to be
Other symptoms may be present, including:

• Constipation[5]
  • chronic fatigue[8]
  • heavy or long uncontrollable menstrual periods with small or large blood clots
  • gastrointestinal problems including diarrhea, bloating and painful defecation
  • extreme pain in legs and thighs
  • back pain
  • mild to extreme pain during intercourse
  • pain from adhesions which may bind an ovary to the side of the pelvic wall, or they may extend between the bladder and the bowel,uterus, etc.
  • extreme pain with or without the presence of menses
  • premenstrual spotting
  • mild to severe fever
  • headaches
  • depression
  • hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
  • anxiety

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey
I had very irregular periods before going on medication but when i first went on effexor I did notice my periods were more frequent (25-28b days apart) so normal but it does sound to me like you have symptoms of endometriosis and symptoms tend to be

• Constipation[5]
  • chronic fatigue[8]
  • heavy or long uncontrollable menstrual periods with small or large blood clots
  • back pain
  • pain from adhesions which may bind an ovary to the side of the pelvic wall, or they may extend between the bladder and the bowel,uterus, etc.
  • premenstrual spotting
  • mild to severe fever
  • headaches
  • depression
  • anxiety
Hi Arisa, thank you for taking the time to reply, I do have some of those symptoms, I'll ask the doctor if this could be. Thank you :)

·
Banned
174 Posts
Hey

• Constipation[5]
  • chronic fatigue[8]
  • back pain
  • premenstrual spotting
  • mild to severe fever
  • headaches
  • depression
  • anxiety
I actually do think I have endometriosis, I have so many of those symptoms. I just don't want to go through the diagnostic tests they usually do for it. Anything that involves general anesthesia, I try to avoid at all costs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.