Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a woman has a large glamorous purse- does that intmidate you? Do you feel like she is going to be high maintenance? Does the size of a purse matter?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Unless a woman is carrying her belongings about in a trash bag odds are I'm not even going to notice what sort of handbag she has -- and I don't even care if it matches her shoes or other accessories.

Does the size of a purse matter?
I have a bumper sticker on the back of my car that says "Size Matters" though it's from Magnum Research that makes gigantic big bore revolvers for hunting.

·
Registered
984 Posts
No, the person themselves would terrify me though. I don't think you're asking the right group of people about this though.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I would say that more the women is fashionable the more intimidating I would find her. If a women does not wear make up and isn't too much into fashion, I would find her less intimidating.

I always end up falling for the outgoing type, who dresses really nice and is into fashion... I end up making myself miserable that way because I find hre too intimidating and can't manage to carry a decent conversation with them....

·
Registered
121 Posts
My cousin always has daffle bag size purses that are crazy colors, but she owns it and carries them with confidence...and guys flock to her ...so Idk...:stu

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,803 Posts
I don't notice. I don't think I would care if I did notice. If you're going to carry something around all day, you don't want it to look like crap I guess.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
This was actually a really interesting topic to read.

I agree with shyvr, I think you can tell overall if the girl is high maintenance, and the purse is just one of many clues.

I have a ginormous purse. But it is out of lazyness, so that I can easily have everything with me and never have to worry about transferring stuff or where something is. Chapstick? In my purse. Kitchen sink? in my purse. Organic chem textbook? In my purse.

Er, PS I know I'm not supposed to be posting in here as a chick.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Intimidated? No, I don't think the purse factors into that equation unless she's waving it at me in a threatening manner.. or something.

I might think she's fashion-sensible (this is not a bad thing), but not "high maintenance". That flag would not register based only on a purse.

And its size doesn't matter. I guess if it's gigantic, I might think "whoa that's a big purse" but it doesn't have any bearing on my impression of the person carrying it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
This is very interesting. Because being a bit of a girly girl, I love handbags, purses and shoes! My partners always 'why do you need so many and what do they do for you!?!' well.. its self expression to me. I express myself in the bags I carry.

I have a huge purple feather print satin boho bag, its my bottomless pit, I have a small pink purse, that I adore at the moment. What does that say about me?

Purple or pink: I want to express my girly side. I am a woman but Im still holding onto my inner child, the one that played with barbies and dolls.
Satin or silk: I want to feel like I have atleast something with 'class', something that makes me feel like Im worth something.
Boho or Hippie: Im trying to express my individualism, or my personal views of society, or my beliefs.
Feather Print: My passion, birds, individuality. lol.
Large or small: Large = Insecure, need for comfort, need to take my life with me, its a big scary world out there. Small = Dont care, in a hurry, Im confident I dont need my comfort.

Men dont get it, because they see whats 'practical'.

So men, ask yourself.. what is she trying to say with her purse/bag? It might give you some insight.
But then.. some girls are not like me, some just dont care. Even that says something about the woman doesnt it?

·
Registered
643 Posts
This is very interesting. Because being a bit of a girly girl, I love handbags, purses and shoes! My partners always 'why do you need so many and what do they do for you!?!' well.. its self expression to me. I express myself in the bags I carry.

I have a huge purple feather print satin boho bag, its my bottomless pit, I have a small pink purse, that I adore at the moment. What does that say about me?

Purple or pink: I want to express my girly side. I am a woman but Im still holding onto my inner child, the one that played with barbies and dolls.
Satin or silk: I want to feel like I have atleast something with 'class', something that makes me feel like Im worth something.
Boho or Hippie: Im trying to express my individualism, or my personal views of society, or my beliefs.
Feather Print: My passion, birds, individuality. lol.
Large or small: Large = Insecure, need for comfort, need to take my life with me, its a big scary world out there. Small = Dont care, in a hurry, Im confident I dont need my comfort.

Men dont get it, because they see whats 'practical'.

So men, ask yourself.. what is she trying to say with her purse/bag? It might give you some insight.
But then.. some girls are not like me, some just dont care. Even that says something about the woman doesnt it?
lol I can't even keep up with my keys half the time. I'm going to start interpreting the true meaning of hand bag accessories? classic post though.

·
Registered
928 Posts
lol I can't even keep up with my keys half the time. I'm going to start interpreting the true meaning of hand bag accessories? classic post though.
Understandable. Not to scare you anymore. But there is MANY differences in a womans brain. Thats just what makes us different to men. Its classic, Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus. :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Understandable. Not to scare you anymore. But there is MANY differences in a womans brain. Thats just what makes us different to men. Its classic, Men are from Mars, Woman are from Venus. :)
Yeah I know. That's why a purse to you is a fashion accessory and to me it's a storage compartment. I think it works best that way so we'll just leave it alone.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
If a woman has a large glamorous purse- does that intmidate you? Do you feel like she is going to be high maintenance? Does the size of a purse matter?
Yes.....if she swings it like a helicopter at my head. :duck

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.