Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Lol I made a crappy profile too on POF it was a quick one just to see some of the searches that are not showing on my other account and I put I wasn't searching for any commitment, I was completely unenthusiastic as it was quickly made and I still got men messaging me asking me if I like naughty evenings and if I wanted to sleep with them. I hadn't even got a pic! I made another one aswell saying I did drugs etc I made it as bad as possible and I got tonnes of messages because they thought I was an easy lay. I had men sending me pics of their junk! For some reason you get more messages when you aren't looking for commitment.

"Anal is supposed to help with that" I think that person was trolling you back. Those messages are hilarious. The guy who wasn't alarmed about "your uncle" wtf is wrong with these people.

"I want to throw you around"
"but i'm 257 pounds" LMAO
I love the internet sometimes lol.

·
banana enthusiast
7,065 Posts
I didn't see anything that would indicate she's a psycho. She just comes across as a humorous person who likes to joke around.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I didn't see anything that would indicate she's a psycho. She just comes across as a humorous person who likes to joke around.
yeh...all that take about sleeping with her uncle...HEH...what a kidder.

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
Women do it too. I set up fake profiles of hot women with terrible personalities and got lots of messages. BUT I also set up a blond male model pic profile and got plenty of women to e-mail the jerk.

·
Banned
10,815 Posts
Seems like the author is getting offended that a girl *he* wouldn't date is getting all of these messages. There's lots of less educated guys that like to smoke and drink and would probably get along fine with someone like that. Also, just because she got messages doesn't mean these guys are going date her. Some guys on okcupid just message everyone on a lark and only seriously think about it when they've had a chance to talk with you a little bit. It's hard to tell what someone is going to be like in real life by reading these profiles anyway. Maybe they just wanted to chat a bit and see where it goes. :roll

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I guess there is a demographic for that kind of stuff. I am glad I am not a part of it, but, yeah, that's a bit weird.

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
A lot of women only look at the pics too. Try it. Get a male model pic and see how obnoxious you can be. No matter how rude sexist and obnoxious I was with the male model pic I NEVER got blocked. I even asked one woman if she visited NYC to go hooking and she kept messaging.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Although I wouldn't message someone with a profile like that nor do I think it looks fake (though some of the message replies do). It does look a little out of place on okcupid where profiles tend to be more detailed, but on somewhere like 'plenty of fish' it would fit in perfectly.

I wouldn't say all of those men are pathetic...they're just playing the numbers game. Send enough messages and you might get a reply. Many seem far more normal and likeable than a lot of people I see online these days.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just observe how the profiles of females on this site fill up with males sniffing around. Many will only post on rare occasions even, just enough to get noticed ;)

All they have to do is post a pic on almost any forum, hardly say a thing about themselves and, the men just pour right in. The females will just sit back a sift through new collections, make adjustments where needed to get a new batch of males, and it's off to the races again.

·
Super Moderator
9,461 Posts
"My face was mauled by a bear when I was little thx for bringing that up"
Pretty much died at that part.

But I've seen a lot worse than this. (So glad I left Myyearbook/ MeetMe and never ventured on a dating site again.) I wouldn't say that all of them were pathetic. (Apart from the guy who tried to offer her sex after she said that her house got burned down).

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Well, yeah, we kinda are, but humans are in general.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts