Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently i've been forgetting passwords for my account/s. the other week we had to go on this site for class and i completely forgot my username and pw and had to join again, and today i completely forgot my pw for my account to use the computers at school. i remembered a portion of it but for some reason my brain swapped a number around and i believed i've been using it all along. i've never forgotten the pw before. it was just odd how i just completely forgot it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had a problem with my memory a few weeks ago. It was strange because I usually had a great memory but for a period of a week I became very forgetful.

Eg I would bump into someone at work in the morning and ask them if they had a chance to see my email. They would say yes. That afternoon as I walked to the desk I asked again and the person laughed and said we had already had the conversation.

I felt like an idiot. I also spoke on the phone to someone and forgot and called them ten minutes later. I think it was due to stress at the time but for a few days I was very worried.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
This happens to me from time to time.

I will tell someone about something that happened to me and tell it to the exact same person again later on without realizing I told them earlier.

I also get mixed up on passwords from time to time, whereas other "normal" people seem to memorize them just fine (of course).

I also see this sometimes with my mental do-list. Sometimes will I blank out and can't remember all the dozens of things I need to do.

I think it's stress but it can sure make you fear some sort of brain dysfunction.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Yeah, I think I've been losing some of my memory too. I still have a great memory. I used to have an impeccable memory but I think depression sort of killed a part of it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sometimes I'll even forget someone's name that I see pretty often. I have a very difficult time remembering names. And sometimes if someone shows me how to do something I competely forget how to do it right after they just showed me. I'm forgetting like this all the time.

It could be because of vitamin deficiency, stress, lack of sleep, or something else.

And people tell me I'm too young to be suffering from memory lost. Gosh, I just hope this doesn't get worse in time.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Do you think it is from medication? a possible side effect? I know my doctor warned me that some of the new meds might cause me to be foggy and forgetful.. klonopin, buspar, welbutrin, oxycodone...just a few of what I take does anyone else take some of those?? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts