Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took an exam and did terrible....like pretty much failed and left half the exam blank. It's not that I didn't study, I did. I do very well on the homework problems but it was just a hard exam. It's like, i can do the problems with the book open but once it's closed book, i can't do anything. And there's just so many formulas to remember, I'm not making excuses for my poor grade, but i don't know.... :(

Anyway, my prof emailed me (about 2 hours after I took the exam), saying not to be too upset about it and that my hw and stuff was good and asked to make an appointment to see him about it. Which i will do, but I'm kinda scared about it. What should i expect at it?

I've never failed an exam before, especially not by this much....

·
Banned
320 Posts
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Professors are usually really friendly, they're used to working with students (it's their job, after all). And seeing as how your prof emailed you, he's obviously going to be welcoming, and probably understanding.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I agree, if the prof emailed you I expect he will be really understanding. Not all profs would do that!

I guess just explain how you are having trouble when you don't have the book to reference, and focus the appointment on how you can improve the situation. Profs can be really knowledgeable about how to study (or not, but again, your prof seems nice).

Good luck! I hope it helps.

·
Trapped
322 Posts
Good prof you have there, he's probably interested in why you failed the exam when the other assignments were OK and is wanting to help you. Maybe he'll have some nice tips to share with you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think you have the right attitude, you take complete responsibility for your grade and want to do better. Your professor will respect that. Be honest with him, he wants you to succeed and will help you bring your grade up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts