Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I stepped out today to run an errand for my mom instead of just coming back inside & chillin' by the screen as usual I walked to the hill near by & sat down in meditation with the lovely breeze & sunshine. I also partook in playing with my hacky sack as well. I've been contemplating doing this for a while now & have done it so I'm happy, it was truly quite enjoyable

·
Banned
422 Posts
Very cool. Social anxiety can rob us even of even the simplest pleasures. Glad you could get out and enjoy some open sky. Even better busting out the hackey sack. I spent far more hours playing hackey sack in high school then I ever did studying.

·
Explode or Implode
83 Posts
I think suffering from social anxiety we spend so much time focusing on our fear and the behaviors that stem from it, such as hiding in the safety and security of home. You've made your outing the best thing for yourself by doing something you enjoy. Did you meditate on anything in particular?

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you had a good time :) It's good to get out of the house. It seems to help my mood.
Indeed it did lift my mood

Very cool. Social anxiety can rob us even of even the simplest pleasures. Glad you could get out and enjoy some open sky. Even better busting out the hackey sack. I spent far more hours playing hackey sack in high school then I ever did studying.
The funny things is some days in highschool I would spend more time in the hall(or the field during spring/summer) playing hack than I did in class, lol

I think suffering from social anxiety we spend so much time focusing on our fear and the behaviors that stem from it, such as hiding in the safety and security of home. You've made your outing the best thing for yourself by doing something you enjoy. Did you meditate on anything in particular?
For me my home is my secure zone so I do hideout quite a bit & only really head out for errands these days so taking this leisure time outdoors is pretty important in my books.

As for my meditation session, it really was just a moment to sit still & enjoy the moment. I did incorporate some positive vibes for my family & also tried to summon the energy of the wind when it picked up though, perhaps a little out there for some but "to each their own"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts