Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for medication to specifically treat SA? I don't really have any of the depression issues that I know a lot of people here face. Also I have no problem with public speaking (up until recently I acted in plays regularly).

I think my issue is more that I have A LOT of anxiety when it comes to social interaction and I spend 99% of my time outside of work/class alone.

Any suggestions on meds focused more towards anxiety + SA?

I'm considering Lexapro, as well as trying the Seleligine + PEA combination. I've looked at klonopin, but am very leery of the benzo's, since I know they can be pretty addictive and tolerance is an issue.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Take the Lexapro, it or Zoloft should be the first meds tried for generalized SA IMHO. If Lexapro/Zoloft fail, Effexor XR and later Lyrica can be trialed, then Klonopin as needed or daily. The Selegiline + PEA combo is pretty risky. If you make a mistake (too high dose) you can end up with a hypertensive episode and a stroke.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm on Citalopram, still waiting for the effects to kick in though as it's only been four or five weeks. I've heard good and bad reviews from it, I guess it really depends on the person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts