Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
wifi2010012-
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys name any medication combinations for social anxiety, and that are safe? For example mirtazapine + celexa. Name any that you know off. Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Can you guys name any medication combinations for social anxiety, and that are safe? For example mirtazapine + celexa. Name any that you know off. Thanks.
"that are safe"
What does that mean? I can look online and find some study that says Celexa and Remeron aren't safe...

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Effexor+remeron is the best regular antidepressant combo you could get. If you try an SSRI i would recommend remeron with it as it can unlock its potential.

Pindolol + Buspar
SSRI + Buspar
Agomelatine + SSRI
Pindolol + SSRI

A benzo can be added to any of these. Wellbutrin can also be added for increased prosocial effects.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey CrayzyMed,

I'm certainly no med expert, but I kind of want to avoid the whole 'Try this. No? Try this...' circus from my doc.

I just got Cipralex from my doc, and just switched from pristiq.

What would you say would be the best way to combine any of agomelatine, escitalopram, desvenlafaxine, mirtazapine and Klonopin (i think others on here said this was the best benzo)

Id really like to try mirtazapine, based on 'consumer reports' on this site, and agomelatine sounds promising as well

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Hey CrayzyMed,

I'm certainly no med expert, but I kind of want to avoid the whole 'Try this. No? Try this...' circus from my doc.

I just got Cipralex from my doc, and just switched from pristiq.

What would you say would be the best way to combine any of agomelatine, escitalopram, desvenlafaxine, mirtazapine and Klonopin (i think others on here said this was the best benzo)

Id really like to try mirtazapine, based on 'consumer reports' on this site, and agomelatine sounds promising as well
I would add in remeron with every SSRI as it has some properties that could make an SSRI more effective (zoloft for example may do nothing on its own but in combination with remeron it could start getting effective).

Escitalopram/desvenlafaxine (i would go for this one)
(i would go for this one) Mirtazepine/agomelatine
Klonopin

Start out with 3.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
The problem with mirtazapine (Remeron) is that it has a huge association with weight gain. For people with social anxiety, major weight gain may really impede a progress.

Escitalopram/desvenlafaxine seems like an unusual and potentially unsafe combination... what's your rationale here?

Zoloft + Wellbutrin would be a really good start, in my opinion. Wellbutrin is great for motivation, energy, and sociability that is so critical in treating social anxiety.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
The problem with mirtazapine (Remeron) is that it has a huge association with weight gain. For people with social anxiety, major weight gain may really impede a progress.

Escitalopram/desvenlafaxine seems like an unusual and potentially unsafe combination... what's your rationale here?

Zoloft + Wellbutrin would be a really good start, in my opinion. Wellbutrin is great for motivation, energy, and sociability that is so critical in treating social anxiety.
No i ment:
Escitalopram OR desvenlafaxine
Mirtazepine OR agomelatine
Klonopin

And go for desvenlafaxine + remeron + klonopin.
But if weight gaine is a big issue i would go for agomelatine instead.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thx for the reply.

Yeah I think the Mirtazapine/Agomelatine one would be good, based on the little I've read. especially since my insomnia is getting a little rediculous, (se says at 4:30am). And the Klonopin for 'spot treatments'.

Any idea if agomelatine is released in canada? I would think if it was released in the US it would be released in canada, since im pretty sure health canada has a 'yeah, what he said' attitude, but i don't really know where to look for that kind of info.

What's wellbutrin?

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Thx for the reply.

Yeah I think the Mirtazapine/Agomelatine one would be good, based on the little I've read. especially since my insomnia is getting a little rediculous, (se says at 4:30am). And the Klonopin for 'spot treatments'.

Any idea if agomelatine is released in canada? I would think if it was released in the US it would be released in canada, since im pretty sure health canada has a 'yeah, what he said' attitude, but i don't really know where to look for that kind of info.
Agomelatine is only availeble in europe but you can order it from the internet. This was what i ment:

Escitalopram OR desvenlafaxine + Mirtazepine OR agomelatine + Klonopin

But a agomelatine and remeron combo could work great togheter too tough.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Maybe it's to my detriment but I prefer to work with my psychiatrist and stick to medications approved in my country, rather than self-medicating by ordering drugs from around the globe.

Wellbutrin is a norepinephrine & dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Basically, it inhibits the 2 other major neurotransmitters involved in depression and anxiety. The norepinephrine is good for energy, and dopamine makes you more motivated and more sociable. Wellbutrin is also commonly used to counter the sexual side-effects of SSRIs, and it does it really well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Okay nevermind misunderstood. Yeah weight gain is non issue. in fact it would be welcomed (6' 143lbs). So how would you factor wellbutrin into that mix?

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Okay nevermind misunderstood. Yeah weight gain is non issue. in fact it would be welcomed (6' 143lbs). So how would you factor wellbutrin into that mix?
desvenlafaxine + Mirtazepine + Klonopin + Wellbutrin has the potential to be pretty good but start with desvenlafaxine and mirtazepine and see where you go from there.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
Lexapro + Wellbutrin XL in the morning, Remeron before bedtime

A lot of people have a very difficult time tolerating the SNRIs like Pristiq and Effexor, and a benzo may just not be needed, so it's best to start without one and then decide whether or not it's required.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
I don't know about social anxiety med combinations but here is my med combination for diagnosed bi polar

2nd generation anti psych - mood stabilization
SSRI - depression and SA
Benzo - anxiety
Stimulant- ADHD

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
I don't know about social anxiety med combinations but here is my med combination for diagnosed bi polar

2nd generation anti psych - mood stabilization
SSRI - depression and SA
Benzo - anxiety
Stimulant- ADHD
Geez... I wonder what the doses are because an SSRI + a stimulant in somebody who's bipolar just seems to be begging for a manic episode

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cool thanks for the help guys, its really appreciated.

I did a three week stint in the pristiq, and didn't have any problem tolerating it. Also my dad really recommended it and there's something to be said for genetics. actually im not even sure why my doc switched me, he's a jacka**. When i got the pristiq he didn't even tell me when to take it. i want to switch to another doc that really good but hes booked till january. welcome to canada.

so, final question

pristiq + wellbutrin + rameron or
cipralex (im assuming this is more or less synonymous with lexapro) + wellbutrin + rameron

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Geez... I wonder what the doses are because an SSRI + a stimulant in somebody who's bipolar just seems to be begging for a manic episode
SSRI 40 mg

Stimulant 60mg

I am one of the very few bi polar people that are on an SSRI because of the risk of mania.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Cool thanks for the help guys, its really appreciated.

I did a three week stint in the pristiq, and didn't have any problem tolerating it. Also my dad really recommended it and there's something to be said for genetics. actually im not even sure why my doc switched me, he's a jacka**. When i got the pristiq he didn't even tell me when to take it. i want to switch to another doc that really good but hes booked till january. welcome to canada.

so, final question

pristiq + wellbutrin + rameron or
cipralex (im assuming this is more or less synonymous with lexapro) + wellbutrin + rameron
Id go with the first combination, an SNRI is better then a SSRI in my opinion.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
I'd also suggest to try and get effexor instead of pristiq, as it doesnt seem to look that great, it seems to be less succesfull then effexor and duolexetine.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts