Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silence Is Golden
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are habits to know if you're a creative person.

http://tickledbylife.com/index.php/16-habits-of-highly-creative-people/

I know that there creative people here like writers, artists, photographers, musicians. You creative people have these original ideas, great ideas that have the ability to entertain and teach the masses.

Unfortunately, in this society of ours, we kill creativity. Even schools kill creativity. We are taught to be dumb, to follow trends to become consumers, and to work for money and fame. Only a few people are creative.

Now, those creative people are endangered. There's not to much of them. What's even more disturning, is that certain creative people are depressed, they have problems. They have suicidal thoughts.

In order to cope with their harsh lives, they turn to that which they think will save them medication. This isn't good at all. Medication has the ability to make you happy. But it can take away your creativity.

Of course, if you don't take your medication, you will feel these problems like depression. That's what you'll say to me. You say I need this medication, rapidfox1, to be better. If your not creative or if you don't to be creative. I understand. You want to be happy. Though, I don't trust the medication. You shouldn't trust it either. I think it does something to you.

But you are a creative person, then don't take it. Your illness is the dark leaf covered forest floor crawling with all sorts of nasty looking animals like salmanders and wood lice but your creativity is a white trillium that has bloomed out.

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
This is what I'm afraid of.

Hypomania...ha ha,I can almost convince myself that I hve some sort of gift when my mood is up and I'm coming up with a million ideas for novels, drawing crazy mad blob things that are actually...kinda good...I don't wanna ever loose that...

If only I didn't become depressed afterwards... :sigh

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Like many things, creativity is genetic. Either you're creative or you're not.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts