Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
No, I don't think it's bizarre. There are a few substances that can help if administered carefully when prescribed by a doctor, that are also used as recreational drugs. Take diamorphine (as an example, I don't mean take diamorphine my goodness me, no). Diamorphine is used, legally, administered by doctors, as a strong painkiller. It is also known as heroin.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Whether your MDMA is administered by a doctor or recreationally, the experience is generally a positive one. I think people need to lose this taboo surrounding recreational drug-use. I mean, we all do it -- I don't know anyone that doesn't drink at least one of coffee, tea or alcohol, or smokes. Even the food you eat influences your mood, but I don't see anyone getting arrested for choosing the Atkins diet, which increases dopamine.

·
Banned
115 Posts
I have heard of MDMA being used for things like this. Before MDMA was illegal there were many groups of therapists using this for PTSD and other disorders.

From what I have read, MDMA was able to produce remarkable breakthroughs for many people.

It does not surprise me that "taboo" drugs are being successfully used to treat mental problems.

Hell, I use cannabis as a treatment for anxiety and even cannabis use is still seen as taboo by many.

I even know someone who recreationally uses hallucinogens like LSD and mushrooms. He doesn't have any known mental disorders but I have seen him transform from a selfish individual into someone who truly cares about others.

Mind you he is the only person I have ever met to have benefited long term from psychedelic use. I think if people use psychedelic chemicals under the supervision and guidance of a professional therapist then remarkable breakthroughs can occur.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
MDMA made my SA worse. It also will make you severely depressed for the next day or two after you take it.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
MDMA made my SA worse. It also will make you severely depressed for the next day or two after you take it.
It's practically impossible for pure MDMA to do that. What you must've got was a meth-bomb.

Also, the crash and hangover (plus brain damage) from it can be avoided by dosing an SSRI after use, and/or taking serotonin precursors.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Speaking of illegal drugs you can get from a prescription, cocaine is one of them
Cocaine is a C-II drug, so scheduled the same as things like morphine & amphetamines. As far as I know, cocaine is used in medical procedures as a local anesthetic. You're not getting cocaine to take home & snort.

Methamphetamine is another drug that you could potentially get a prescription for. Used for treatment of narcolepsy, so if you manage to fall asleep during a doctor's visit after trying every other stimulant on the market you could actually get a script for it.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Yet, Marijuana is schedule I which is basically saying it's more dangerous and has no medicinal use.

Ask yourselves why.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Yet, Marijuana is schedule I which is basically saying it's more dangerous and has no medicinal use.
It's not basically saying it -- it's explicitly saying that pot has no medicinal use, even though I think it's 14 states that disagree by allowing medical marijuana.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I love how pot officially "has no medicinal use" yet there are prescription drugs that mimic the action of pot (ie Marinol). It's still a controlled substance, but it's CIII instead of CI.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
GHB is a Schedule I ("no medicinal use") and a Schedule III Substance (sold as "Xyrem").

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
GHB is a Schedule I ("no medicinal use") and a Schedule III Substance (Xyrem), the same stuff.
Which gives it the distinction of being the ONLY substance that the DEA has on two different schedules at the same time!

This is DEA logic, or rather illogic. The fact that it's sold as Xyrem for a medicinal use would seem to indicate that it can't possibly qualify for C-I status that's defined by having no recognized medical use.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That's ****ing retarded, GHB being Schedule I. If you sold GHB in properly measured drinks like alcohol is, it would be pretty much the same, only without destroying your liver.

The people who make these rules should be rounded up and shot.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
But probably some dumb people would mix GHB with enough alcohol and die. Also do you really think a drug like GHB should be sold freely or did I misunderstand you?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts