Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've actually been trying to post this since the end of May, but I kept getting anxious and deleting it. I'm still nervous about posting this and worried that no one will read it or care about my accomplishments, but I thought it would be good to post something positive. So here it is...

May was a really good month for me. I feel like I accomplished a lot, and I'm really happy with myself. Here are a few of the things I did:

1. I started posting on SAS! I made this account last year and had lurked for a few months before that. I was always too afraid to post, but I finally got the courage.
2. I started getting out of the house at least once or twice a week. This was after a year of staying at home for weeks or months at a time.
3. I emailed an old friend and we had a long conversation.
4. I stood up for for someone who was being made fun of by a group of people.
5. I ate at three different restaurants. I ordered my own food each time instead of getting my sister to order for me. And one of those times, I chose a seat in the middle of the restaurant, surrounded by people.
6. And my biggest accomplishment: I started driving! I've been old enough to drive for a few years, but I was terrified. I was afraid of talking to the people at DMV, afraid that I would mess up when filling out the paperwork and look dumb, afraid that I would fail the test to get my permit, and afraid of driving itself. But I did it. I talked to the people at DMV, it wasn't so bad. I didn't know how to answer two of the questions on the form, but instead of freaking out, I just asked the lady for help. It was no big deal. I didn't miss a single question on the test and got my permit. I've been learning how to drive each week since then. Driving is still scary, but I'm going to keep doing it. Hopefully, I'll be able to get my license by next year.

:boogie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.