Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone a fan?

I'm really loving Rob's new solo album, and since they just remixed the Tabitha's Secret stuff, I'm listening to the new TS album a lot, too. For those who don't know who Tabitha's Secret are, they were a 5-piece rock band that were pretty much MB20 except for 2 members. Those two members left, and they continued on as MB20.

I want to hear new band material, but I'm also loving what Rob is doing solo. :)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Yea its good music. My older brother was the one to bring matchbox 20 into the house. Its funny how things always seem pricelessly awesome when big-brother does it :)

Anyway the latest matchbox 20 stuff as well as Rob Thomas' continued solo' s are all good.

So is the band back together or not ? The album with "let's see how far we've come" is only about a year old, yet here we are seeing Rob's solo's again.

What's going on ?

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Rob was finishing up a second solo album (Cradlesong), and then the band is going to get back in the studio for a 4th studio album.

They never really broke up, but they just toured from 2004-2009 because Rob Thomas wanted to make some solo albums. They actually recorded 16 new songs for Exile On Mainstream, and that was supposed to be their 4th album originally, but the record company wanted to make it only 6 new songs and a second greatest hits disc, and the band caved into pressure. :sigh I'm guessing that the remainder songs will end up on the forthcoming studio album.

It's funny how I got into MB20. For a long time, I only listened to older music (like the 60s and 70s) and shunned the new stuff. Then I was given two cds for my birthday: Matchbox 20's "Yourself Or Someone Like You" and Tonic's "Lemon Parade." Those two albums really opened my eyes to all the great new music around me (at least when I was a teenager.) To this day, I still love those two albums.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Yourself or Someone Like You was the first CD I ever bought, but I wasn't interested in anything that came after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts