Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've debated asking this question but here goes. I decided several months ago to get a massage to help relax me and I was so glad I did this. It helped release quite a bit of tension and it felt really both physically and mentally good to be pampered and put me in a mild state of nirvana :yes. My masseuse was a really sweet woman and made sure that I was relaxed and getting the benefits of the massage, she did a great job, and made sure I was comfortable with all aspects of it.

I have to admit that I was pretty physically attracted to her, which didn't hurt the experience :D but I don't have any expectation that my therapy session would lead to anything else. I made sure to be a complete gentleman and keep this to myself, and besides it was a reputable therapeutic massage establishment and not one of those sketchy massage parlors that is known to offer "extras." When the massage ended, I asked my masseuse if I could make an appointment with her again sometime soon, and she said "Oh, this is my last day here, but if you call back here, there's plenty of other therapists who would be happy to work with you." I was pretty disappointed to here that, as I really felt comfortable with her, and would be kind of picky about who I let give me a massage. I don't think she was saying that because she didn't like working with me because in her email before I even met her she said that if I wanted to make an appointment with her it had to be by the day that I went.

So the other day, I'm thinking about getting a massage. Just out of curiosity I do an internet search for name and "massage therapist" and find her personal Facebook page, which lists her employer as another massage therapy service about an hour from where I live (but near where I do shop sometimes). I'm thinking about calling and making an appointment, but am not wanting to set off any "creepy" vibes or make her think I'm some weirdo who's stalking her :b (which I'm not). Maybe I'm being hyper sensitive, but I would appreciate any honest opinions on this.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I'm thinking about calling and making an appointment, but am not wanting to set off any "creepy" vibes or make her think I'm some weirdo who's stalking her :b (which I'm not). Maybe I'm being hyper sensitive, but I would appreciate any honest opinions on this.
Why don't you just ask her out? I think the physical contact with an attractive woman is what you enjoyed most. If you start falling for her then you're just going to end up paying a lot of money for massages you don't need. Just ask her out, get rejected and move on. Who knows? She may say yes.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why don't you just ask her out? I think the physical contact with an attractive woman is what you enjoyed most. If you start falling for her then you're just going to end up paying a lot of money for massages you don't need. Just ask her out, get rejected and move on. Who knows? She may say yes.
Her facebook page seemed to make it apparent she's in a happy, committed relationship, so I don't think that's an option at this point (although I know people sometimes paint a rosier picture than reality on FB). Who knows, maybe she has a twin just like her who works there? True, I can't deny that being "babied" by someone who was attractive both physically and personality-wise to me made the massage a much better experience, but I literally did have some tensions/aches in my muscles which she was able to help, so that wasn't the only reason I went to her. I do imagine people in that profession get hit on a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts