Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well things are going to turn chaotic where I work. They are now going to an electronic medical record system. Most of the staff are late baby boomers and they have trouble enough using a simple word processor let alone a sophisticated elec med program. Just went to the intro training for it. Will have to do hands on training for the next three months. Also, sounds like everything that needs to be printed will have to go to word processing upstairs, which means they will have to hire more dead weight up in administration. This isn't going to save the community mental health any money. It is going to cost them more. The last 14 years I printed up all the Treatment plans, Psychological, progress notes myself bypassing those idiots upstairs. If my aging parents weren't up here I would quit and get the heck out of here, but I can't. No other social service jobs are available to work at. Thank god I own my house outright.

Another thing during the demo this morning the computer they were using locked up a couple of times. The internet connection kept going down. The telecommunication system sucks up here in siberia. This is going to be a freakin disaster.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
It's a feature, not a bug.
This is your chance to SHINE!
Show those fogeys you know what to do! :yes :lol

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My supervisor had to go to Marquette today to visit one of his clients that is in the Psyche unit at the hospital there. He missed the intro meeting today. He just called me really worrying about this. He is totally computer illiterate and he doesn't want to learn. I told him they just kind of showed what it was, but didn't go into great detail. They will go into greater detail the next three training they are conducting. So goody I now have three extra trainings to go to on top of the ones I do already. I have been going to trainings since February. :fall

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I don't like it when computerized working methods are made out to be "better", simply because they involve computers. That happens where I work too. The problem is that the positive aspects of the old methods can be swept away completely if people are obliged to use the new methods.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
We run into this all the time. People who are totally against change of any type. A year from now they'll wonder how they ever got along without it.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Wait a minute, I dont get it? What is the system you are using now? I work in health care and everything we do is on the computer.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
My supervisor had to go to Marquette today to visit one of his clients that is in the Psyche unit at the hospital there. He missed the intro meeting today. He just called me really worrying about this. He is totally computer illiterate and he doesn't want to learn. I told him they just kind of showed what it was, but didn't go into great detail. They will go into greater detail the next three training they are conducting. So goody I now have three extra trainings to go to on top of the ones I do already. I have been going to trainings since February. :fall
You get paid for it, though :yes:

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait a minute, I dont get it? What is the system you are using now? I work in health care and everything we do is on the computer.
Most of the case manager's stuff they would dictate into a minicassette and the secretaries would type it up. The rest were on forms that were filled in by hand. My stuff like behavioral charts, tx plans, Psychologicals, and Progress notes were done on a word processor, printed up, signed, and then copied, and then filed in the books in the file room. You got to remember this is Siberia so change takes longer. They are still microfiching old charts which a lots of places did away a long time ago. October 1st we will use the electronic system. I have to go to three 4 hour trainings the next three months along with my normal yearly training. :fall

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We run into this all the time. People who are totally against change of any type. A year from now they'll wonder how they ever got along without it.
This system is going to be nice esp with the progress notes. When the note is done it will be automatically be billed, and also I won't have to run files to the two centers in the two counties here. The one center is 50 miles one way away and the other one is 30 miles one way away. Also, if I need to look up info no more running down to the file room to look. I can just punch it up on the computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts