Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see what people like and dislike about both. Games,books,movies,everything. Who is your favorite superhero and villain? I personally like Dc villains more,while Marvel has more realistic superheroes. Dc online is definetely my favorite Mmo,Marvel Heroes didn't really catch my interest. ( Now they are different types of MMO's I know,but they are both comic book based)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
DC's Animated Movies >
DC's Video Games =

...although Batman Arkham is arguably the best superhero franchise made by either camp. I think Marvel releases great games every now and then though, most notably: Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Spiderman 2 (not including spin-offs e.g. Marvel Vs Capcom and Lego video games)

As far as heroes go, I prefer what I know of the personalities present in the original Justice League as opposed to the original Avengers. I wont speak on the heroes of each universe as a whole, that's just too many heroes to compare.

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
DC! Love the universe more.

As for movies, I'd argue it's even. Don't like the Superman flicks, but there are plenty of Vertigo to even out with the Marvel camp.

DCUO and the Arkham games are some of the best comic-based games out there. Marvel's are mostly movie tie-ins/recreations and that's boring, to say the least.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope JLA movie won't dissapoint. It's already being compared to Avengers,I can't bare to see a horrible justice league attempt just like in smallvile

·
SAS Member
14,463 Posts
They both kind of suck when it comes to movies.
They're okay at videogames, though most of it is garbage. But there are a few hidden gems.

DC has much better Cartoons

As for superheroes, i don't know that much about them(don't read comics)
I like the Hulk, Batman, Superman, the Punisher and Wolverine.

·
Karasuno's Ace
696 Posts
I prefer Marvel. Batman is my favorite superhero, but there isn't another DC character anywhere close to the top of that list, while I'm a big fan of the X- Men, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and of course the Guardians of the Galaxy. DC does have better games and animated shows, but I really love the Marvel movies. With the exception of the Dark Knight trilogy and Watchmen, I don't really like DC movies. I've never liked Superman, and his movies are no exception.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Marvel

I know the history and timeline of events in the MarvelU, My favorite heroes & villains are in Marvel. Scott Summers, Dr.Doom, Cable, Deadpool, Thanos, Jean Grey, Arch Angel. Are some of my fav characters.

Haven't read much for the past 18months or so, been meaning to get back into it tho.

Age of apocalypse, House of M, The Infinity Gauntlet, Annihilation/conquest, Civil War, Secret Invasion are some of the big events ive enjoyed most.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Marvel, though current DC and Marvel are about equally bad, and I think Dark Horse actually has the best writers right now. But Silver Age Marvel is better than anything else, and that still puts it near the top. The only big redeemer for DC is Watchmen.

My favorite hero is Ant Man (but the movie's gonna be terrible) and my favorite villain is either Magneto, Ultron, or Ozymandias.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Marvel, though current DC and Marvel are about equally bad, and I think Dark Horse actually has the best writers right now. But Silver Age Marvel is better than anything else, and that still puts it near the top. The only big redeemer for DC is Watchmen.

My favorite hero is Ant Man (but the movie's gonna be terrible) and my favorite villain is either Magneto, Ultron, or Ozymandias.
U really think current stuff is that bad? I started to read some of the MarvelNow stuff, All New X-Men, X-force, Superior Spiderman, but lost track because of other commitments and never got back into it. I enjoyed what i read tho especially All New X-Men, Bendis has some really great work.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Bendis is okay, but despite the Marvel NOW redux that was supposed to simplify things, again, it's too convoluted. It's not that the staff at Marvel is terrible (I said Dark Horse had better writers, not that Marvel writers were bad). Marvel NOW just isn't that interesting to me and the plotlines seem wonky.

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
They both kind of suck when it comes to movies.
They're okay at videogames, though most of it is garbage. But there are a few hidden gems.

DC has much better Cartoons

As for superheroes, i don't know that much about them(don't read comics)
I like the Hulk, Batman, Superman, the Punisher and Wolverine.
I forgot to mention the cartoons. Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League/JLU were all incredible and even influenced the comics in a big way. Young Justice was pretty damned fun, too.

Yea, they're both pretty convoluted with their attempts at reboots. Trying TOO much to be like the movies. Heh.

Bendis is okay, but despite the Marvel NOW redux that was supposed to simplify things, again, it's too convoluted. It's not that the staff at Marvel is terrible (I said Dark Horse had better writers, not that Marvel writers were bad). Marvel NOW just isn't that interesting to me and the plotlines seem wonky.
Dark Horse is great, but I honestly think Image right now has a lot to offer. They've been shooting out fantastic self-contained series as of late. Sex, The Bounce, Black Science, Saga, Alex + Ada, Sex Criminals... And the Invincible U. hasn't backed down from being excellent. Nor has The Walking Dead.

Do love a lot of Dark Horse, though.

·
SAS Member
14,463 Posts
I forgot to mention the cartoons. Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS.
90s cartoons at their best. Even Marvel had good cartoons back then. X-men and Spiderman: the animated series were great.

But i was mostly talking about newer cartoons/movies like Justice league: War or Batman: the dark knight returns. DC clearly owns Marvel in the cartoon scene.

·
Sane
1,334 Posts
I've always been more of a DC person. I probably can't even name some of the major heroes and villians in the Marvel universe, and the only character that I'm up to date with is Deadpool.

Super hero games in general seem to be medicore or terrible, but the Batman Arkham series is brilliant, and Injustice: Gods Among Us is loads of fun.
Can't think of a single good Marvel game I've played aside from the 2002 Spiderman movie tie-in way back on the PS2, one of the few good movie tie-in games I ever played, before I stopped playing them completely.

As for movies, Marvel seems to make like a million of 'em compared to DC. There's quite a huge list of Marvel movies being released this year.
I've never really been a fan of super hero movies, but I'd say Marvel makes the better movies. DC makes better animated movies though.

And as for comics, DC hands down. Even if the new 52 has been a bit of a mess (imo).

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
^ Agreed.

90s cartoons at their best. Even Marvel had good cartoons back then. X-men and Spiderman: the animated series were great.

But i was mostly talking about newer cartoons/movies like Justice league: War or Batman: the dark knight returns. DC clearly owns Marvel in the cartoon scene.
And agreed. Wonder Woman was a cool animated movie. Way better than Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 combined.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,359 Posts

hm... DC I guess. I don't read the comic books though (except Sandman) and when I eventually get around to it everything Alan Moore's written except that erotica stuff he's been doing more recently?

Anyway, yeah the characters in DC seem darker on the whole, which is always more appealing to me personally. Neil Gaiman. Rorshach. Alan Moore is insane in a mostly good way (one of the characters in my head ended up unintentionally being based on him :um.) The Batman villains. Yup.

I used to really like X-men though.

/noob post.

Oh wait, also can't stand superman.

OK /noob post.

·
Banned
65 Posts
My favourite is definitely Marvel. The only DC franchise I like is Batman and that's mainly because he has such an awesome rogues gallery. I find Batman's character to be pretty boring at times, especially in the Christoper Nolan films.

But I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The Avengers is one of my all-time favourite movies. Spider-Man is my favourite super-hero. The Sam Raimi trilogy was awesome and the rebooted franchise is also very exciting because the first film was great and 3 sequels are in the works as well as two spin-off films revolving around The Sinister Six and Venom. And I'd say that Spider-Man's rogues gallery about matches Batman's.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Anyone whos a fan of the X-Men, or even just wants a good read i highly recommend. Grant Morrison's New X-Men run #114 to #154. Even if your not into Marvel you should give this a go.

·
Registered
230 Posts
For a more recent big event " Secret Invasion " is great. Its a pretty massive event encompassing practically the whole MarvelU. Bendis had been setting it up for years.

Another big event for the X-Men is house of M, which the fall out to this are still being felt today. One of the biggest things to happen in X-Men History.

Ive got all these saved on a hard drive somewhere if anyone reads there comics on a cbr on there computer or tablet. I can upload any of the major arcs or crossovers ive got from the last 10/15 years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts