Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
.:focused:...
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am out, or even in a small group of people, in my head I am always thinking " You're not as good as these people. You're not good enough"
then I get quiet and make the conversation even more painfully awkward, by just stating observations and facts, until people just say "yeah" and the conversation dies.

What positive Mantra or self-talk to you tell yourself to ease your anxiety when socializing??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I experience this quite often.

Next time you're in a situation that provokes this self-talk, just flip that **** and tell yourself "You are as good as these people. You are good enough." The more you tell yourself that, the more you'll start to believe it, the more you believe it, the more that feeling of needing to compensate for the insecurity will fall away and you won't end up something that you really didn't intend to say.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I feel the same way you do all the time. Once that thought enters my mind, its really hard to push it out. If i start thinking that way, I try to leave the room/area for a bit and take a breather to clear my thoughts. If that doesn't help, I will then try to avoid the whole situation by leaving if possible. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts