Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be a rant, from my point of view, but maybe it will give others a different point of view themselves or at least something to think about.

I have noticed here that a lot of 'kids' have no idea what manners are. Nor do they understand what 'abusiveness' does to the self-esteem of others, nor that praising one but ignoring another hurts... perhaps they're not even concerned with 'others'... only themselves.

There is so much hostility here, why? It's not just against Christians, although I've seen a lot of hateful, mean comments aimed at us, it's also aimed at anyone they don't happen to agree with. Some people choose to attack or become belligerent and abusive for no reason that I can see. Of course, from my point of view, that's never necessary.

I don't mean in the way of posting about a problem that you're having, the way you've been hurt, or even a rant... everyone needs and deserves to express their feelings and emotions... I'm talking about the responses to threads by others, or just comments made when dealing with several people at once. The insults, the rudeness, the abusive attitudes.

Did their parents neglect to teach them manners? Did they overlook teaching them about the feelings and rights of others to be dealt with in a fair, compassionate, sensitive and understanding way? Did they neglect to teach them that others should be treated with respect and kindness? That others have the same rights they do or that they expect for themselves?

We are a varied group, needless to say, but why are we expected to just shrug off and accept the insults and vile abuse rather than correcting problems (or problem people) when they make themselves known? Isn't it better to try to improve one or two things (or people) rather than let everything as a whole disintegrate into a puddle of useless, harmful abuse? How can the problems be corrected? Does staff care? Is the only solution to leave the site and let them just destroy each other? Don't I matter, don't I have a right to find others with this disorder that I can relate with, aren't I allowed to have a safe haven and expect civility from others or see it expressed to others? Am I just to keep quite so I don't rock the boat... from my point of view... the boat is sinking.

End of rant.

·
SAS's Chief Meteorologist
7,539 Posts
To me, this site seems to be pretty well moderated but I take things personally sometimes, too. It's a self-esteem issue.

As a side note... my social anxiety is rooted in low self-esteem and the reason therapy didn't work for me was because I was being treated for SAD when I should have been treated for low self-esteem. I'm reading the book: "Six Pillars of Self-Esteem" to try to understand it better.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Peekaboo, I believe I saw one of the post you were referring too "the f and u 666".....That was totally, and I mean totally lacking any respect........I mentioned this, I'm surprised the mods would let this go, maybe they didn't see it yet.........
Discussions like that........People seem to run over others, but to have someone write something like that.............................................................Totally unacctable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.