Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do people want to be different?

It's lonely.

There was a inconspicuous flower at the corner of the building. I felt like it was supposed to give me a memory of an experience I've had in life, but it was empty.

That was my life, empty.

In my head I create stories of people and their lives. Their friends, their love, their dreams.

I want to share the stories of the people in my head, because I couldn't share this life with people.

·
In the middle of nowhere
1,079 Posts
I've been ruined by video games -.- for some reason I read that in tidus's voice from FFX with the To Zanarkand tune playing in my head...

On a more serious note I also believe I have this, I'm almost always in my head its almost uncontrollable. I'll be speaking to someone and I will just suddenly blankly stare at them due me day dreaming >.< My old friends used to get really pissed at it. I've been told by my family I looked like a zombie when I walked to and from school because I was day dreaming all the time lol.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been ruined by video games -.- for some reason I read that in tidus's voice from FFX with the To Zanarkand tune playing in my head...

On a more serious note I also believe I have this, I'm almost always in my head its almost uncontrollable. I'll be speaking to someone and I will just suddenly blankly stare at them due me day dreaming >.< My old friends used to get really pissed at it. I've been told by my family I looked like a zombie when I walked to and from school because I was day dreaming all the time lol.
Let me see your daydreaming face! >:D hehe I am not the most favourite person
to start a convo with in this house either :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can relate to what your saying

I think I know what you are saying because when I was a kid I felt I must be different then everyone else. For one thing my parents were divorced which in the early seventies that was still a unacceptable situation to be in. Most of the families around were two parent households so are family was definitely different. So I believed I was different and special I guess to cope with the situation I had no control over. Creating a persona and daydreaming about a life I imagined I had, even thinking I could be from another planet. I pretended I didn't care what other people thought all the while wishing someone would. Being different than the other kids made me very shy and caused me great anxiety.
You may have not meant what I have just admitted too, maybe you are referring to another way of being different than everyone else but what I'm getting at is believing I was different than everyone else made me feel special and unique. Now a days divorce is so common people don't really think of it as different but for me it was hard and made me feel so lonely.

·
&#9806; Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
In my head I create stories of people and their lives. Their friends, their love, their dreams.

I want to share the stories of the people in my head, because I couldn't share this life with people.
Amen, amen, amen.

It's one small thing that gives any sense of meaning or purpose to my life, the one small thing I can try to contribute to the world since I have nothing else to give from my own small empty life. Some people might consider it "maladaptive" but for me, it's adaptive. Why would I want to stop doing that?

I just wish there were others who wanted what I have to give. :(

·
&#9806; Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
You are not alone with your stories. Express them and share them. I am not sure if you are aware of this but here you go:

http://wildminds.ning.com/
I've been a member there for quite a while but am terrified to interact. :( The forum isn't organized into categories like this one is, so not only do I not know where to find discussions I feel I can engage in, but I'm too scared to start a thread of my own lest it be inappropriate. I can't even start an introductory thread. I'd be mortified by my stupid little "Hello" thread popping up in the midst of more serious discussions...

I'm also leery of sharing on a site dedicated to MALadaptive daydreaming, as for me, this is a passion of mine and not something I consider detrimental. I realize it's a problem for many other people, and I get the feeling I'd be trampling all over their issues if I posted there all gushing about how great daydreaming is.

Plus I just figure who on Earth would be interested in hearing my stupid daydreams anyway. -_- We always tend to find our own daydreams the most fascinating and overlook those of others. I get discouraged when people aren't interested in mine, even though I can't really blame them.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've been a member there for quite a while but am terrified to interact. :( The forum isn't organized into categories like this one is, so not only do I not know where to find discussions I feel I can engage in, but I'm too scared to start a thread of my own lest it be inappropriate. I can't even start an introductory thread. I'd be mortified by my stupid little "Hello" thread popping up in the midst of more serious discussions...

I'm also leery of sharing on a site dedicated to MALadaptive daydreaming, as for me, this is a passion of mine and not something I consider detrimental. I realize it's a problem for many other people, and I get the feeling I'd be trampling all over their issues if I posted there all gushing about how great daydreaming is.

Plus I just figure who on Earth would be interested in hearing my stupid daydreams anyway. -_- We always tend to find our own daydreams the most fascinating and overlook those of others. I get discouraged when people aren't interested in mine, even though I can't really blame them.
Awwh tehuti I have you to thank for finding out about it if you remember. You have honestly helped me to discover something totally new about myself, so for that I am so grateful :).

Hey I would be more than happy to hear your daydreams and maybe share my own with you.

WM seems to be full of some real friendly people on there so you have nothing to fear.

I see my vivid imagination as a gift and not a detriment. I just thought maybe I can help people learn more about it and interact with the like too :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts