Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow we're going on a three hour train journey (because we're seeing my mother, which I really don't want to do).

I want to know if there's anything to make it easier - I mean, if it's busy and you can't get seats, it panics me thinking people will laugh at us if we're stood up. Or they'll judge and laugh as we walk around trying to find seats.

Ugh. There's just no point to this trip at all.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
I would say to get there early so you can get a seat. It would probably be best to take a book or magazine with you to read.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thing is though, everyone is already there when the train arrives, because you buy your tickets, know when the train is coming and wait for it - so you can't get there early :(

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
Oh that is stressful - it's like coming into a room full of people. Just try to think of the people thinking nicely about you, instead of being judgmental. It's hard to do if you're in the habit of the opposite, but it does help.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
Yeah, that is true. I guess the only thing you can do is to be ready and try to get in the front of the line when the doors open.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys :) I'll keep what you mentioned in mind :)

Unfortunately, we have to change trains so they're not there in advance :(

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
If the train is busy, you won't be the only ones standing. I imagine that a lot of the travellers will be 'usuals', so they won't even look at the other passengers. I take the train a lot and most people just look at a newspaper or out the window. They rarely (if ever) look at me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts