Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been dealing with the loss of a friend lately and it's caused some battles with depression. I've taken a few days off work to try and straighten things out.

I never got to say goodbye to her and it has haunted me for 10 years, but having social anxiety I was able to keep it inside, it felt natural. I did not go to the funeral because of the anxiety and because I couldn't face the finality.

But now that I've started to recover form the anxiety, I've decided that it's time to say goodbye. I do not know where she is buried so I've had to call some old friends that were friends also at the time of her death. That is something I could have never done before that I don't feel nervous doing now.

I think I'm doing the right thing by finally saying goodbye and I know she can see me from above. I feel this is the start to a better life, time to let go of the things that I have felt so guilty for so I can move on.

Thanks for listening !!

:thanks

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
SpiritWild,

She heard you! You are going to be fine. Congratulations on making such a feat happen! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
thats awesome.its hard to deal with death of someone close and having sa on top of that.ur a strong person,no matter wut u think,feel,ur a strong person,and dont think otherwise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts