Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one of us make friends?

Ive tried to fit into many different groups at my new school. None of them are working. So i decided to be a Lone Wolf and show i do not care about anyone else. But its hard and i actually do care about making friends. I want friends. even just one would be superb. What do i do? I'm stuck.

Im 17 btw.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's difficult to make friends sometimes, i'm 21 and i'm in a similar situation. Since leaving college i've lost contact with nearly all friends and it is quite depressing, as i just go to places on my own and struggle to find groups in order to make new friends.

Being shy like myself doesn't help either, but i would keep looking and keep at it. I keep telling myself, things happen for a reason & they will work out when you least expect it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Throw the whole group/image mentality out the window and just be friendly.
Ack, seems like I can't edit my posts. To clarify I don't mean going out of your way to make friends by "being friendly," I mean to simply be nice to people that you end up in a conversation with.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I struggle too and as a result have no friends.

However i'm thinking 1 way is to fake it. I think thats where the key is with making friends. Say things people want to hear, talk about things they are into and they will think you are worthy to have as a friend

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
Im in the same boat, im thinking of getting a permit during the summer and just going to different places
That do stuff for free..art classes..volunteering so I can meet pll I think would give me a chance..bc the pll on campus arent working lol

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
Ive tried hard to be a loner, but were social creatures. And we need others

·
happy i dodged a bullet
5,347 Posts
I need others, and i cant den it anymore

1 - 8 of 8 Posts