·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
---

·
Banned
205 Posts
I guess be natural and don't think about talking to her at all until you actually say hi. Dwelling on it only builds up pressure and make things worse. Just do it like ripping off a bandaid. I don't know what I'm talking about. I have no friends.

·
Banned
205 Posts
From what I understand, only practice makes things better. You have to force yourself into certain situations and although they may turn out poorly at least you have exposed yourself to such a situation. You can use this to build upon for future attempts and courting friends or what have you. So you may not end up being friends with this person, oh well, at least you now know you have what it takes to start a conversation and perhaps maybe you will become friends with this person. If you don't, then just consider this practice.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
I'd be creeped out if a stranger came up and started talking to me.

I think if you wanna be friends with this girl you have to have a common interest i.e be in the same class , go to the same club , be a friend of a friend or worreva .

If you aint i think she might feel like she's being pitied i dunno though i may be wrong.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Yeah, I agree with you. I just thought there might be a way to do it without looking creepy, but from the lack of replies there isn't. I give up.

Anyway, thanks for the help you two.
If it was a male you wanted to get acquainted with it woulda been perfectly normal to go up outta the blue but yeah ah well not to be huh.

·
Registered
374 Posts
she probably has a boyfriend, and lots of friends. Thats my experience anyway.

she may like you, just say hello or something :)

·
Banned
791 Posts
I see nothing weird about trying to sit with her/ near her on the bus and making conversation. This would be easier if the bus was really crowded or if you were one of the last to get on and the only open seat is next to her. If she has a cool bookbag or cool style you could compliment her on that or if she's listening to music ask her what it is. If you have similar tastes/things in common/ conversation shouldn't be a problem and most people don't object or get weirded out. Outgoing people do stuff like this all the time. This isn't something that I could do myself, because Im just too paranoid and nervous & not ready to challenge myself like that. Personally I'd like to be able to strike up a conversation with a guy like that. However, if she's straight and you are interested in dating her she might freak out ! ( I'm straight and if a girl wanted to date me I'd freak out!) So if you are interested in dating her you probably want to do a little homework first and see if she likes guys, girls, or both before you make your move. If you just want to be friends, though, I'd say strike up a conversation!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I see nothing weird about trying to sit with her/ near her on the bus and making conversation. This would be easier if the bus was really crowded or if you were one of the last to get on and the only open seat is next to her.
isn't this really creepy to do? I mean come on, to me it seems so obvious and forward. as an outgoing person I get saying something to another guy maybe..hmm...I suppose thats how you meet a girl off the street, how you meet a girl who is a complete stranger..I would try if I really believe it wasn't really inappropriate and creepy; seriously, how do you do this without being a creep?

·
Banned
791 Posts
isn't this really creepy to do? I mean come on, to me it seems so obvious and forward. as an outgoing person I get saying something to another guy maybe..hmm...I suppose thats how you meet a girl off the street, how you meet a girl who is a complete stranger..I would try if I really believe it wasn't really inappropriate and creepy; seriously, how do you do this without being a creep?
I've had it done to me. didn't seem creepy at all. The person was just bored out of their skull, very outgoing, and wanted to talk. The conversation seemed to flow naturally and you could tell that they were just bored. In other words, no anxiety, no weird personal questions. However this was in situations where I would likely never see the person again, like on public transportation in a strange city etc, or a crowded lunchroom and they didn't want to sit alone or it was when I was in high school and people were less obsessed over who was creepy or what seemed creepy. on other occasions though I've had people who are a little off do it to me. Ok only once or twice. A nudist with brain cancer (he was wearing clothes when I met him!!! he was studying at my university! no clothes came off, I'm not into that sort of thing ! lol........). And one girl who had the audacity to ask if she could have my necklace. the nudist guy was creepy. i was a very naive 18 year old when it happened though.

·
calm
264 Posts
hmm i dont know, it is a good question but i have no answer to it. it just happens always somehow. i never talk to people like with the intention of making friends. sometimes i have workrelated stuff to talk about with new people or just out of boredom. sometimes make a remark about a funny or odd thing.
if you seek hard for friends you wont find any i guess

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
you have a class with her, right? just sit near her. or if you don't have a class together but she's in the same major as you, ask her if she's taking such-and-such class because you'd like to ask her a question about it/borrow her notes/whatever. failing that, just go compliment her on something she's wearing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts