Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just quit drinking, and as a result I lost many of my friends. To clarify, they are still my friends but I don't hangout with them because all they do is drink. Now I am trying to meet new friends, but I don't really know how to. It seems like if I ask a girl if she wants to hangout she thinks its about me trying to get with her. As far as finding male friends, it seems that everyone drinks in Myrtle Beach. How do I make friends? If I find someone who meets my criteria of friendship (I'm not really picky), how should I approach that person to build a friendship?

Some background info on me: I currently go to a University, every girl I know seems to have a boyfriend, every guy I know seems to drink too much. I've done the online dating thing, and although I met many people, they all seemed to be looking for a relationship and not friendship (which is kind of the point). I don't have a job, I'm at school all day, and I'm not into sports. I'm also 31, approximately 7 -10 years older than most of my classmates, but that doesn't bother me too much. A friend is a friend.

So, to simplify my question. How do I make friends?

·
I member
93 Posts
I'm not sure.. I actually have the same problem.. All I ever do is go to the bar, but, I'd like to do something that doesn't involve beer for a change.

Have any hobbies or interests? That might help in the search for friends.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.