Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to make a self help recording to put on my ipod like the think right now programs. I've alrdy made one that's about 5 mins long that I fall asleep to and play in the car. I think it can really help with my social anxiety and low self-esteem. I put some relaxing music in the back ground and just use certain statements about the things I like about myself and what I have achieved. I also use statements about the things that cause my anxiety and low self-esteem and try to say positive things about them and myself concerning the matter. I want to make a better one with more positive things to say. What are some positive statements would you guys use if you were going to make one?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Personally, I'm not a big fan of "positive thinking." I prefer the idea of working on thinking more rationally combined with exposure, but I know different stuff works for different people.

But I remember reading this book years ago and for the genre, being impressed with it:
What to Say When you Talk To Yourself
http://www.amazon.com/What-Say-When-Talk-Yourself/dp/0671708821/ref=cm_lmf_tit_20

Good luck!

Edit: He even has a section on the books about recording positive message tapes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts