Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I always need to wear makeup when I go out. I feel like if I'm not wearing makeup in public people are noticing and thinking I'm ugly. I even wear makeup when i go swimming. Can anyone else relate?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I am the other way round - I feel that I cannot wear it, like I am not pretty enough to wear makeup - I feel people will look at me and think who does she think she is trying to look pretty!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
yup. my skin's not great, and I feel self-conscious whenever I'm in public with no makeup. it's really incredible what a difference it makes. I'm generally pretty confident in my looks, but when I don't have makeup on I can barely look people in the eye because I feel like they're staring at all my imperfections. I pretty much don't leave the house without having at least concealer on, unless I'm feeling really lazy.

·
Quag filante
8,709 Posts
I hate makeup. I have never worn it once in my life and I never will. I think girl's look pretty without it. Makeup just hides your real face. I just don't get why girls need to think they should wear makeup. :no

·
infected
42 Posts
I am the other way round - I feel that I cannot wear it, like I am not pretty enough to wear makeup - I feel people will look at me and think who does she think she is trying to look pretty!
Yes, this is how I feel, too. :( I really enjoy fooling around with it at home, but I know people would judge me if I wore it to school.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I wear makeup whenever I leave the house and some days, even when I dont. I just feel better with it on. If I feel like a 9 with makeup...and an average blah 7 without...why would I ever want anyone to see me less than the best I can be? Makeup gives me 100 times more confidence, so its essential.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I always wear makeup before leaving the house. If I'm just going to school, I only do the basics; eyeliner, eyebrow liner (the last 3rd of my eyebrows are gone from plucking for years), mascara, and if I have time a bit of eye shadow. I rarely bother with foundation, concealer, powder because it so often ends up being sucked into the large pores and wrinkles. The eye stuff is the most important cause otherwise my eyes look too small.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I used to never wear makeup at all, cause i felt like it wasn't worth bothering with and i didn't really know how to use it. I just started using it last year because my skin was no longer as nice as it used to be.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah I can relate, but it goes both ways for me, I get self conscious if i dont have any on but at the same time if i have lots on i feel self conscious too..

·
Jerk
565 Posts
I have a breakout-prone man face and it takes me 15-20 minutes just to do my "natural" makeup.

When I had clear skin, all I wore was undereye concealer and lip gloss. Then, a few years ago, I started doing a full face everyday and discovered that people are nicer to me when I look like a human female.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm like ballroomblitz and jhanniffy. I'm just not worth it lol. I'd also feel really self-conscious about buying makeup. If anyone was in the cosmetics section with me, or if the cashier noticed what I was buying, I'm afraid they'll think "who is this girl kidding? No amount of makeup in the world will help her." Makeup would probably make me look as if I were more integrated into society (every girl at my high school wore makeup.. sometimes too much lol), but if I wore it I'd always wonder whether or not everyone was judging me, and I'd feel so guilty about spending so much money on myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I kind of go through stages with makeup. Some days I'll wear it just because it's fun and I want to look nicer, other days I won't because I think I look fine without it, still others where I don't because I'm so apathetic I won't bother trying to look nice, and sometimes my self-esteem is shot and I feel like I absolutely need it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm another one for being too anxious to wear makeup because I think people will have the "who is she kidding?" reaction. Going into a store like Sephora would give me a panic attack.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I feel like I always need to wear makeup when I go out. I feel like if I'm not wearing makeup in public people are noticing and thinking I'm ugly. I even wear makeup when i go swimming. Can anyone else relate?
Totally relate to every single word, could have written it myself!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts