Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Remarkable
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never use the phone, especially when an email or letter will do. Even if a phone call can make things happen faster and/or get things done right.

Today I had an opportunity to sell something and make a relatively small but needed amount of money. However, I needed to make a phone call to make it happen. I ended up needing to call twice. I made it happen.

While I was doing that I decided to make some more calls. These were all things I had been putting off or meaning to write about.

I ended up making 3 additional calls for 5 total. On each call I had problems. I had high anxiety and energy in my chest. I was self conscious about my voice and sometimes had a hard time hearing or understanding the person. I probably could have worded things better. However, I was able to accomplish everything I needed to. One request was turned down, but at least I was able to make the request.

I have at least one more call I would like to make. I already wrote a letter and the response was not adequate. I am going to see if I can push through and keep going- make at least one more call today.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Good job, GMan! :boogie :boogie :boogie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts