Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

Well a month ago a girl started work with me and we seemed to get along very well from the start. Eventually led to some dates (movie, shopping, bowling etc) which was great, but I felt that ever since it started I seemed to always feel ever so slightly anxious all the time. Anyway I eventually built up the courage to ask her out and she accepted and so I was pretty chuffed, but that night I woke up feeling terrible and actually had a panic attack, was soo sick all night long, the anxiety was out of this world. unfortunately my hopes of it going away didn't really happen and I seemed to be anxious 24/7. So I made the decision today to end it before it got out of control and started hurting her as much as me.

Strangely enough as soon as I broke it off I felt 10x better, boom just like that. So now my goal will be to get on top of it as best I can and see how things pan out since she sais she is more than happy to help me out during this time solely as a friend and see where it gets to after I have at least gotten comfortable with the idea.

But anyway, just needed to get it out but I think I made the correct decision, and I'm lucky enough to have such a beautiful girl who understands, that was my greatest fear. But damnitt I hate SA, it really knows how the hurt the best things in life :(

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,

Yeah made it clear, she knows what I am going through but of course those who have never experienced it never really understand just how debilitating it can be, so I was very pleased she understood the severity and why I needed to take the course of action I did.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well that sucks. Hope you can get ontop of the problem and work things out in the end.

I had a really stressful decision last year, and the day I decided to 'quit' felt amazing. However, the difference is that I can go back and revisit my decision practically anytime I feel like I'm ready.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I really admire you for being that straight forward with her. It's really decent of her to try to understand, it's nice when people at the very least try. And it sounds like it's not ended badly maybe just see what happens with her and don't have to go as quick as you were anyway. Good luck with everything I hope you start feeling better soon.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind comments guys and gals, means a lot.

Had a nice long chat with her tonight where we both sat down and discussed our problems in detail and selfishly enough I always thought it was only me with the issues, but she has also only recently moved over to this country leaving her family and friends back home on the other side of the world and I guess I never realised how much that has an effect on peoples lives either.

So we will stick to being close friends and help eachother with both our issues, just take it really slowly until we feel our lives are stable enough to start a more serious relationship.

Just puts the mind so much at ease when both parties completely understand eachother and what they are going through I guess, and I think the way we are tackling it will help both of us overcome our issues far quicker than if we were on our own or even seriously dating (which can complicate things).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts