Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a terrible mistake at work today. Instead of signing my email off as kind regards, it auto corrected to kind retards. I quickly sent another email after to correct myself, but the client saw it, and now he’s calling me unprofessional (which I don’t blame him at all) ):

·
Irretrievably Lost
2,710 Posts
Hey, it's a mistake. Just a typo. It happens. When **** like this happens you just gotta mutter "fml" under your breath and move on. You'll look back on this someday and it will make you laugh at yourself. Just be thankful you weren't in a car wreck or something.

·
Super Moderator
8,736 Posts
It sounds like a very honest mistake, which you explained. So I am surprised your client is still upset about it.

That said, that sounds like a horrible auto correct.

·
customusertitle
956 Posts
That sucks.

Auto correct is cancer. I always have it disabled.

Also some email services have an unsend option (like for one or two minutes). I find it useful because I feel like proofreading with a two minute deadline makes me more hyperaware of little embaressing mistakes for some reason. 🤔

·
alien monk
8,703 Posts
live and learn. you already addressed the problem, so hope you can get it off your mind now and things will be ok. these things happen.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,786 Posts
I don't think it's a big deal since you explained, unless the client is really anal about mistakes. Plus those keys are right next to each other.

·
Registered
620 Posts
We all make mistakes sometimes, you did the right thing to email right away and correct yourself. Hopefully you can look back and laugh at it going forwards! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts