Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no problem communicating with my friends classmates or family but whenever me and my friends go out with some other people that we usually don't go out with I never say anything. it takes me about a month of constantly hanging out with them to be able to feel comfortable with them. this also happens with guests that I might know from before but I feel uncomfortable with them aswell. I'm laid back by nature and even when i talk i don't say much but when I'm not with people that I know i don't say a word unless they ask me something personally. What can I do to improve my situation and sorry for my average English

·
Registered
417 Posts
Your english is very good! I'm the same, so sorry if my advice isn't the best--I'm still figuring it out. Try to take baby steps, that is always a good start.
When you meet someone, try to speak to them whenever you can, either in person or not. Get to know them, find similar interests.
That way, the guy you meet at a party is no longer the eccentric stranger. He's the person who likes the same video game you do. That also offers a lot of topics to talk about!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have no problem communicating with my friends classmates or family but whenever me and my friends go out with some other people that we usually don't go out with I never say anything. it takes me about a month of constantly hanging out with them to be able to feel comfortable with them.
Exactly how I feel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts