Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Do you use lyrica(pregabaline) or depakote(GABA too) for helping your anxiety.
At low dose and everyday théy act like alcool or benzos without ****in tolérance i read on wikipedia of pregabaline for généraliséd anxiety ?

I Would associate with an antidepressant of course.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
I use natural methods of getting rid of my anxiety. Magnesium oil + iodine = zen mode.

·
Forever Young
816 Posts
depakote did absolutely nothing for my anxiety.

lyrica ive never tried, but have heard good things about. but weight gain side effect. along with many others.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
depakote did absolutely nothing for my anxiety.

lyrica ive never tried, but have heard good things about. but weight gain side effect. along with many others.
antiepileptics seem to have fairly significant side effects among others about sexuality and have more little or no indication in anxiety but only in the bipolarity that has nothing to do?

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
Hello
Do you use lyrica(pregabaline) or depakote(GABA too) for helping your anxiety.
At low dose and everyday théy act like alcool or benzos without ****in tolérance i read on wikipedia of pregabaline for généraliséd anxiety ?

I Would associate with an antidepressant of course.
Ehh NO! they effect GABA, but no there's no "white alcohol"... Well taking enough well abowe therapheutic doses Lyrica it has an abuse potential, or well you get intoxicated...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ehh NO! they effect GABA, but no there's no "white alcohol"... Well taking enough well abowe therapheutic doses Lyrica it has an abuse potential, or well you get intoxicated...
at therapeutic doses?
frankly, there is never a "REAL" all white solutions, otherwise there would be no more sick lol

So Lyrica and Depakote can therefore give effect drunk but most importantly to me if they develope a phenomenon of tolerance?

For example: Between Lyrica and Klonopin which one possesses the less tolerance and resistance which requires doses up indefinitely?

·
Lost in thought
10 Posts
I've been prescribed benzos and lyrica. To be honest, benzos are better for panic attacks, but I find lyrica better for just general anxiety/worry. When you first start it, it can kinda have some intoxication effects but that subsides in a few days/week or so. I definitely prefer lyrica.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been prescribed benzos and lyrica. To be honest, benzos are better for panic attacks, but I find lyrica better for just general anxiety/worry. When you first start it, it can kinda have some intoxication effects but that subsides in a few days/week or so. I definitely prefer lyrica.
Yes it's what I thought, you take lyrica together with what others? every day? how dose?

I guess it helps you alot?

have you tried klonopin? it seems that it is the best anxyolitic. It is part of antiepileptic drugs as Lyrica.

·
Lost in thought
10 Posts
Yes it's what I thought, you take lyrica together with what others? every day? how dose?

I guess it helps you alot?

have you tried klonopin? it seems that it is the best anxyolitic. It is part of antiepileptic drugs as Lyrica.
I take 100mg lyrica 3 times a day, along with antidepressants and Ativan at night for sleep and night-time anxiety. It doesn't help a whole lot, but it is nicer than benzos for general anxiety. It doesn't help with my social phobia unfortunately, it just calms you down and makes you relax, maybe stop some general anxiety you have going on. I wish it helped with socialness haha.

Yeah I've tried Klonopin, and had a bad experience with it. It put me in a pretty bad mood, made me very angry and aggressive lol. I've only had this effect with klonopin, other benzos never had this effect.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I take 100mg lyrica 3 times a day, along with antidepressants and Ativan at night for sleep and night-time anxiety. It doesn't help a whole lot, but it is nicer than benzos for general anxiety. It doesn't help with my social phobia unfortunately, it just calms you down and makes you relax, maybe stop some general anxiety you have going on. I wish it helped with socialness haha.

Yeah I've tried Klonopin, and had a bad experience with it. It put me in a pretty bad mood, made me very angry and aggressive lol. I've only had this effect with klonopin, other benzos never had this effect.
Okay, you take lyrica how long? Do you feel obliged to raise the dose gradually as time goes on to feel the same effects?

What are your other treatments except Imovane and lyrica?

Sometimes I think that feeling of aggressiveness can be good if you arives to express it! We need aggressive, to fight against people psychologically and make his place in society.
Of course, you have to externalize positively to make it a strength.

·
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
11,901 Posts
Powerful necromancy :D

I have tried it and found it kinda unsettling. It is supposed to have some abuse potential, but I had 200mg left from an earlier trial and decided to take that to see what it would feel like (probably not a high enough dose to induce anything fun) but it was a strong psychoactive effect but not in a good way at that dose. Like being drunk, but only the bad stuff and none of the good stuff. So felt kinda dizzy, clumsy, slow brained and "off".

At lower dose I just kinda felt "slower" in the brain but it also felt a bit unsettling. That being said it is something that could be helpful for anxiety for some people, and its one that's definitely worth a try imo. Some people seem to really like it.

·
Harvestor Of Sorrow
5,727 Posts
Benzos are much better. I have not tried Lyrica but I was on Depakote at 2000 mg and it did absolutely nothing for anxiety.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I prefer Lyrica over benzos and i take the same dose for more than a year.
It helps a lot with my fibromyalgia and knee pain.

Unlike benzos tolerance does not build so much to analgesic and anxiolytic effects.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Depakote was AWESOME for my social anxiety. I took it in high school. I transformed from a quiet nobody into a wannabe-bada** and had no problems talking to people. It was actually really weird. I stopped caring about anything. It also made me gain some weight. (Looking back, it was only like 5-10 pounds and still 30 lbs lighter than I am now.) I think it worsened my depression as well. But I was way over-medicated and if I was kept at a lower dose I'm sure it would have been better.

I'm supposed to be starting Lyrica if my insurance will approve it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am afraid to try depakote because I've tried some mood stabilizers for anxiety before and had major side effects. The RN at the hospital did suggest it to me though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts